𝟬𝟮𝟬 ━━ watcher in the water

*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱
*✧ ─── ❝ ❪ WATCHER IN THE WATER ❫ ❞
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT TWO  ── audentes fortuna iuvat 🏹 ⁺⑅

*。☆。 ★。\|/。★ ˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱*✧ ─── ❝ ❪ WATCHER IN THE WATER ❫ ❞ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT TWO  ── audentes fortuna iuvat 🏹 ⁺⑅

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════            
CHILDREN OF ARDA DUOLOGY  ⋆ ☄.
♯ ❝ DARKNESS NEVER DID SUITE YOU TARINYA
CHAPTER TWENTY ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
˚ ₊ ♡ the third age ─── year 3019
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

⠀━━ ˚ ₊ ♡ 🏹
❝ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙝 𝘪𝘴 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙣𝙨 𝘰𝘧 𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙨
𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙡 ❞

*✧ ─── DARKNESS CLINGS THE MOUNTAIN AND THE WIND HOWLS OMINOUSLY IN WARNING AS THE FELLOWSHIPS TRACKS THROUGH THE UNEVEN TERRAIN. GYDA KNOWS EVIL LINGERS IN THE SHADOWS, a heavy weight settles in her chest. The night was old, and westward the waning moon was setting, gleaming fitfully through the breaking clouds to give them a small shimmer of hopeful light.

The Company was footsore and tired; but they trudged doggedly along the rough and winding track for many miles. Before them the mountains frowned, but their path lay in a deep trough of land and they could see only the higher shoulders and the far eastward peaks.

At length they came to a sharp bend. There the road, which had been veering southwards between the brink of the channel and a steep fall of the land to the left, turned and went due east again.

Rounding the corner they saw before them a low cliff, some five fathoms high, with a broken and jagged top. Over it a trickling water dripped, through a wide cleft that seemed to have been carved out by a fall that had once been strong and full.

"Indeed things have changed!" Gandalf murmurs at the sight in front of him. "But there is no mistaking the place. There is all that remains of the Stair Falls. If I remember right, there was a flight of steps cut in the rock at their side, but the main road wound away left and climbed with several loops up to the level ground at the top. There used to be a shallow valley beyond the falls right up to the Walls of Moria, and the Sirannon flowed through it with the road beside it. Let us go and see what things are like now!"

Gandalf sounded optimistic, but the timbre in his voice betrayed his true feelings. Whatever laid ahead would not be a joyous reception by Gimli's kin. Ahead only darkness ruled in the half light of the moon and whatever creatures made their home in the crooks and crevices of broken stones, and fallen homes.

Gyda's eyes fleetingly lift up, scanning her surroundings, fathom fingers brush her back warningly, and her own hand clutches the pommel of her sword tighter.