𝟬𝟬𝟭 ━━ the road ahead

*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱
*✧ ─── ❝ ❪ THE ROAD AHEAD ❫ ❞
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT ONE  ── ad melinora 🏹 ⁺⑅

*。☆。★。\|/。★˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱ *✧ ─── ❝ ❪ THE ROAD AHEAD  ❫ ❞▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT ONE  ── ad melinora 🏹 ⁺⑅

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════
CHILDREN OF ARDA DUOLOGY  ⋆ ☄.
♯ ❝ DRAW THE SKY OF HOME
CHAPTER ONE ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
˚ ₊ ♡ the third age ─── year one
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

━━ ˚ ₊ ♡ 🏹
❝ 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮, 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘴, 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶
𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝙘𝙧𝙮 ❞

*✧ ─── TWO MONTHS HAVE PASSED, BUT YET THE ACHE LINGERS IN GYDA'S HEART. IT'S EVER PRESENT AND SHE KNOWS THERE'S NO TIME TO DWELL ON IT. GIL-GALAD HAS BEEN LAID TO REST WITH OTHER SOLDIERS recovered from battle, but while they may finally rest peacefully, the road ahead for the living is harder. Gyda isn't quite sure what the appropriate time to mourn is, she was only an elfling when her mother passed into the grey havens. She hadn't seen such loss since the battle of Mordor.

Now she stands in the very same courtyard she had entered battle bruised and bloodied to bring the news of the death of Gil-Galad. Where she saw a spark go out in the High-Queen's eyes. Where young Elgarain had pounded her small fists against her flesh demanding the return of her father.

Now her hands are clean, and clasped behind her back.

But she can still feel the thick crimson

Eyes travel across the courtyard, where elves have gathered. Some are here to stay, others here to join their delegation towards Imladris. A small voice whispers in her head not to leave Lindon, to leave her home when so little fighters are left standing. If the Orcs attacking around the border don't warrant her duty to protect, it's the fact that it's still her home.

But her promise warrants a stronger resolve.

"Gyda?" a voice brings her back from her staring contest with the wall and eyes flicker up to see Aerien standing ahead of her. Her hair is elegantly twisted and it's a picturesque sight. Regal and flattering to her delicate features. But no amount of riches could cover up the hurt that was displayed in her eyes.

The brunette wondered if she looked the same.

"Tarinya?" She stands up straighter, hand on the hilt of her sword as she eyes the group of queen-guards surrounding her.

Elgarain is nowhere in sight like she normally is. Close to her mother, clutching her mother's dress with one hand, the other holding a pencil in her nimble fingers.