𝟬𝟬𝟳 ━━ a father's legacy

*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱
*✧ ─── ❝ ❪ A FATHER'S LEGACY ❫ ❞
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT ONE  ── ad melinora 🏹 ⁺⑅

*。☆。★。\|/。★˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱ *✧ ─── ❝ ❪ A FATHER'S LEGACY ❫ ❞▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT ONE  ── ad melinora 🏹 ⁺⑅

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════
CHILDREN OF ARDA DUOLOGY  ⋆ ☄.
♯ ❝ I SHALL NEVER FORSAKE A VOW
CHAPTER SEVEN ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
˚ ₊ ♡ the third age ─── year 2950
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

━━ ˚ ₊ ♡ 🏹
❝ 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙮,
𝙛𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝘮𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 ❞

*✧ ─── GYDA USED TO BELIEF ( DESPITES ITS UNTRUE NATURE ) THAT OTHERS VASTLY UNDERESTIMATE HER CAPABILITIES. RANGING FROM HER ABILITIES AS A WARRIOR TO THE CLAIM OF HER CAPTAINSHIP. It is why she does not compromise, nor holds back. She has put herself past her limits as well as the people under her command; even the Aranel herself gets put on her back when Gyda is not pleased. It is probably also why princess Elgarain views her as rigid and unforgiving, especially when she trails behind the future High-Queen like a shadow.

It is hard for her to remember a time where she had not held an ounce of fear. Gyda had descended from a long line of warriors, both skilled with sword and spear as with wit. The very nature of battle flowed like an invisible wave inside of her. Her father had always told her the inner light of the Valinor, Lachend commonly known in Lindon, was the brightest he had ever seen in her eyes. And if her flame-eyes were any indicator of her future, all seemed very optimistic. And as she grew, she'd done everything to live up to their battle born legacy. A vivid ambition, not a worry of doubt and her father to guide her, had surely prepared her for all things to come.

So she had believed.

Then the Last Alliance of Elves and Men marched to the plains of Mordor, and even then Gyda had strutted with a head held high, assured with her strength. She was not called a prodigy for nothing right?

The final battle had matured her in a way she didn't think she would ever be capable of. The pretence of invincibility had cracked, her believe in herself depleting, despite the uptake of responsibilities. Gyda, albeit her prominence in battle from a birds-eye view feels the need to prove herself more than she ever had before, because it wasn't others doubting her capabilities, she herself was doubting them.

"That was unrefined." The sharp tip of her spear was raised under Galion's neck, the honey-haired elf's own sword on the ground next to him.

Galion grumbles, like a scolded child and pushes Gyda's spear away from his skin. His brows furrow as the brunette rolls back her shoulders, twirling the spear in her hand before placing it firmly on the ground as she glowers at him.