𝟬𝟬𝟱 ━━ what is dead never dies

*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱
*✧ ─── ❝ ❪ WHAT IS DEAD NEVER DIES ❫ ❞
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT ONE  ── ad melinora 🏹 ⁺⑅

*。☆。★。\|/。★˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱ *✧ ─── ❝ ❪ WHAT IS DEAD NEVER DIES ❫ ❞▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT ONE  ── ad melinora 🏹 ⁺⑅

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════
CHILDREN OF ARDA DUOLOGY  ⋆ ☄.
♯ ❝THAT'S RIGHT! YOU CAN'T IMAGINE
CHAPTER FIVE ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
˚ ₊ ♡ the third age ─── year 2949
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

━━ ˚ ₊ ♡ 🏹
❝ 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘰 𝙛𝙪𝙡𝙡 𝘰𝘧 𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙚?
𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝙛𝙪𝙡𝙡 𝘰𝘧 𝙜𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙛 ❞

*✧ ─── THE SUN WAS STILL HIDDEN WHEN GYDA STARES AT THE OUTLINES OF THE MISTY MOUNTAINS. A SURPRISING CHILL HANGS IN THE AIR, that even her armour can't protect her from. Besides her, Galion with his blonde hair tied back looks like he's struggling with the same fact. His jaw is taunt, eyes hard, unlike their normal softness.

"Something feels wrong." He addresses, voice laced with caution.

Their horses neigh. Like they agree.

"It might be nothing." Elladan shrugs, "Winter is still on its last legs. And these mountains haven't been the friendliest lately."

Gyda remembers her travels through the Misty Mountains vividly. She passed them as a wide eyed and naïve elf on her way to Mordor, an air of arrogance around her she would be ashamed of now. Her father had just laughed at her prideful strides, and encouraging quips to the other younger elves in her squadron.

I will not make the same mistakes again.

She silently tells herself, before looking over her left shoulder to see the twins. They seem more relaxed, but they can't hide their set jaws. "We tread with caution." She instructs. "The last reports place the Orcs north from here towards Coldfells."

"What exactly is the plan here?" Galion asks quietly from beside his friend when they pick up their journey again.

"Lord Elrond charged us to find the Orcs." She repeats what she told the twins that same morning when they departed from Rivendell. Her heart twist nervously as she remembers Elgarain is out of her sight. Away from her protection. And she feels doubt stir in her stomach. But the soldier in her can't ignore Elrond's command. She finds a small bit of relief in the fact that Daros, Cirdan and Ithel are still at Imladris keeping an eye on the future High-Queen.

She could already imagine the displeased look painted on Elgarain's face when she would find out about her company.

Galion ducks his head, a rebellious strand of hair falling in front of his eyes, "What did he really tell you."