𝟬𝟯𝟳 ━━ a legacy of our own making

*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱
*✧ ─── ❝ ❪ a legacy of our own making ❫ ❞
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT THREE ── face et spera 🏹 ⁺⑅

*。☆。 ★。\|/。★ ˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱ *✧ ─── ❝ ❪ a legacy of our own making  ❫ ❞ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT THREE  ── face et spera 🏹 ⁺⑅

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════
CHILDREN OF ARDA DUOLOGY ⋆ ☄.
♯ ❝ let their hope be their strength
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
˚ ₊ ♡ the third age ─── year 3019
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

━━ ˚ ₊ ♡ 🏹
❝ 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝘮𝘺 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬
𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝙩𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨 ❞

THE SKY WAS CLEAR AND THE SUN WAS WARM AS THE PEOPLE OF ROHAN MOVE IN A SOLEMN ORDELY ROW across the land. Soft whispers and hushed voices carry over the heavy silence that lingers around them. Creaking wagons, stomping hooves and the jostling sound of armour clinking. From where she walks, Gyda watches with keen eyes as the cavalry guards the front and the back, their horses strong and majestic whilst the infantry protects the middle and the convoy's flank.

Up ahead, on the horizon where the grasslands seem endless a group of scouts on horseback remains ever so watchful of a surprise attack from Sauroman's troops. Nervously Gyda's gaze moves over the people of Rohan, their weary faces showing signs of discomfort and exhaustion already. Their pace is slow and Gyda knows it makes them vulnerable. There is no place for them to go in the likely chance they fall under attack, and their journey will only put them more at risk.

The journey from Edoras to Helm's Deep was about 60 miles, surmounting to at least three days on the road. The weather was fine for now, but come nightfall the temperatures would drop and the open plains would not protect them from the cold winds. Her eyes roam, the elderly would subjected to sickness easily if they were not careful.

"What is it that has you so worried?"

Her shoulders tense before falling as recognition settles in. "This journey." She replies steadfast, willing her eyes to remain on the people ahead.

"It was an impossible choice." Legolas reasons softly. "No matter the intentions, no matter which truth was fundamentally right."

"Maybe..." She sighs. "But still I fear more lives will be lost now."

"Perhaps." Legolas acknowledges but chooses not to continue.

Gyda's mind wanders in the silence, compels her to make him see her reasons. "When it was decided that we were to leave Lindon in pursue of Sauron forces, I thought it was right. But as we moved across our land, the further we went the more villages we found plundered and burned down." She swallows. The memories as fresh as if they had only happened yesterday. "We left them unprotected and they decided the road was their safest choice, to make for the Grey Havens."