𝟬𝟮𝟱 ━━ bleeding heart

*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱
*✧ ─── ❝ ❪ BLEEDING HEART ❫ ❞
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT TWO ── audentes fortuna iuvat 🏹 ⁺⑅

*。☆。 ★。\|/。★˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱ *✧ ─── ❝ ❪ BLEEDING HEART ❫ ❞ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT TWO  ── audentes fortuna iuvat 🏹 ⁺⑅

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════
CHILDREN OF ARDA DUOLOGY ⋆ ☄.
♯ ❝ MY HEART BEATS FOR YOU
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
˚ ₊ ♡ the third age ─── year 3019
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

━━ ˚ ₊ ♡ 🏹
❝ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝘪𝘴 𝙙𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝙢𝙪𝙨𝙩 ❞

*✧ ─── STRANGE HOW TIME COULD CHANGE PEOPLE. How two opposites of a coin, when forced to work together, would learn to appreciate and care for each other. Despite, or perhaps because, of their differences. How rare to have met someone who becomes a part of your very soul, inseparable. How rare to feel their joy as if it was yours, or their pain as if it were your own...

Elgarain had forgotten how to breathe. A black shadow held her lungs captive, slowly squeezing the air from her body. The sight of Gyda's pale skin beneath the moonlight made her sway on her feet. For a moment she was once again that young Elleth in need of constant protection and reassurence from the Head of her Guard. But many years had passed since then. She was no longer helpless and naïve. Gyda had made sure of that.

"Put her on her side," she instructed Legolas as she rushed forward.

She fell on her knees beside the Ellon, who hadn't even heard her. His skin was almost as pale as that of her friend. His eyes wide and worried, unable to look away from Gyda's still figure...

With a desperate glance she searched for Aragorn, who immediately made his way over towards Legolas. He placed a hand on his friends' shoulder, softly pulling him aside. Slowly Legolas got to his feet, his fists clenched and his eyes never once looking away from Gyda.

"I'm not losing anybody else," Elgarain said, determined, as she looked at Legolas. "I won't."

He nodded once but his lips remained closed.

Elgarain took a deep breath, bracing herself, before turning all her attention to Gyda. With steady hands she rolled her to her side. The wound wasn't deep enough to cause unconsciousness. Which meant it was most likely poisoned. And as long as she didn't know which poison, she had to prepare for every possibility. When rolled to her side, she was less likely to choke should the poison reach her lungs or airway.

She searched her memories for every lesson Lord Elrond had ever given her about poison. His words came to her as though he'd spoken them yesterday. Always determine what kind of poison you're dealing with, or else it is impossible to know which antidote to use. Frantically she looked around, searching for the blade that caused the wound.