𝟬𝟭𝟳 ━━ point of no return

*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱
*✧ ─── ❝ ❪ POINT OF NO RETURN ❫ ❞
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT TWO ── audentes fortuna iuvat 🏹 ⁺⑅

*。☆。 ★。\|/。★ ˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱ *✧ ─── ❝ ❪ POINT OF NO RETURN  ❫ ❞ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT TWO  ── audentes fortuna iuvat 🏹 ⁺⑅

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════
CHILDREN OF ARDA DUOLOGY ⋆ ☄.
♯ ❝ GO NOW WITH GOOD HEARTS
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
˚ ₊ ♡ the third age ─── year 3019
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

━━ ˚ ₊ ♡ 🏹
❝ 𝙢𝙖𝙮 𝘸𝘦 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣 ❞

*✧ ─── THE MORNING OF THEIR DEPARTURE HAD COME WITH A CHILL IN THE AIR. THE PROMISE OF WINTER BEYOND THE LAST homely house of elves certain. The cold weather biting against her cheek and greeted Gyda as she had entered the courtyard. The first to arrive, ready for the dangerous journey ahead. Her father's sword was strapped to her hip, and the glaive he once crafted for her was held firmly in her right hand.

The sun started to rise beyond the tall cliffs, the watery sun casting an orange glow over the valley as more members of the fellowship started to arrive.

The Company took little gear of war, for their hope was in secrecy not in battle. Aragorn had Andu'ril –if Gyda had remembered the name correctly--but no other weapon, and he went forth clad only in rusty green and brown, as a Ranger of the wilderness. There was no sign of his true noble heritage. Boromir was next to arrive, somber looking, weary of the journey ahead. He had a long sword, in fashion like Andu'ril but of less lineage, and he bore also a shield and his war-horn.

Gimli the dwarf was already cursing under his breath as he arrived—claiming a spot among the fellowship furthest away from her. He alone wore openly a short shirt of steelrings, for dwarves make light of burdens; and in his belt was a broad-bladed axe.

Legolas had a bow and a quiver, and at his belt a long white knife. The younger hobbits wore the swords that they had taken from the barrow; Gandalf bore his staff, but girt at his side was the elven-sword Glamdring, the mate of Orcrist that lay now upon the breast of Thorin under the Lonely Mountain.

All were well furnished by Elrond with thick warm clothes, and they had jackets and cloaks lined with fur. Spare food and clothes and blankets and other needs were laden on a pony, none other than the poor beast that they had brought from Bree. Billy.

Gyda felt a small spurt of relief fill her as Galion appeared through the stone archways. He looked forlorn, knowing he was to stay behind, before departing towards Lindon to inform Elgarain's mother personally on the quest her daughter and closest guard would go on.

"Here you are, marching off once more." Galion whispers as he reaches her side, blue eyes startling clear in the early morning light. "I hate to see you go without me by your side." He admits with a frown.