𝟬𝟮𝟰 ━━ beneath the pale moonlight

*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱
*✧ ─── ❝ ❪ beneath the pale moonlight ❫ ❞
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT TWO ── audentes fortuna iuvat 🏹 ⁺⑅

*。☆。 ★。\|/。★ ˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱ *✧ ─── ❝ ❪ beneath the pale moonlight   ❫ ❞▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT TWO  ── audentes fortuna iuvat 🏹 ⁺⑅

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════
CHILDREN OF ARDA DUOLOGY ⋆ ☄.
♯ ❝ YOU'RE SAFE WITH US
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
˚ ₊ ♡ the third age ─── year 3019
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

━━ ˚ ₊ ♡ 🏹
❝ 𝘴𝘰 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝘰𝘧 𝙢𝙚 𝘪𝘴 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝘰𝘧
𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪'𝘷𝘦 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 ❞

*✧ ─── GANDALF THE GREY WAS DEAD AND GRIEF INVADES HER BODY LIKE A FOREIGN ENTITY. IT'S A RAW FEELING, FESTERING DEEP WITHIN HER SOUL. ALL SEEMS LOST in those moments where the sun shines faintly through the thick gathering of ash grey clouds and their Fellowship is no longer the same.

Gyda's heart throbs painfully in her chest, but she cannot bring herself to let the tears gathered in her eyes fall. The cries of the Hobbits are a haunting melody as the merge with the chipper sound of birdsong in the sky.

She can hear Gimli's resolute shouts as he argues with Boromir, ready to head back in the mines and defeat the evil that took their strongest ally deep in the pits of shadows and fire. From where she stands she can see Legolas staring up ahead in the distance an dazed look in his eye, while Elgarain had tugged Aragorn to the side, checking him over concernedly.

A glum air surrounds the Fellowship, one of helplessness and defeat, and Gyda easily wants to give into the ache in her heart and fall down on her knees. But closes her eyes instead, letting the calming noise of nature sooth her like a lullaby. To remind herself the journey they undertook, and the reason.

It was to protect Middle-Earth, and as long as Frodo Baggins draws breath, so does their hope at victory.

The thought of the young Hobbit makes her eyes flutter back open to spot him a little while away, standing perched on a flat rock, staring at the vast landscape. His shoulder shake in silent sobs, fingers laced through the chain holding the One True Ring.

Gyda believes, wholeheartedly that the brave blue eyed Hobbit will see this journey through. The idea brings a small spark of hope back, despite the heartbreak she endures.

It makes her think about her father— about his many lessons, and she can picture herself back home.

A young Gyda sits perched on a thick birch tree branch in her mother's garden, legs dangling in a rhythmic motion, staring at the vast landscape spreading out above the stone wall that circles their home.