𝟬𝟭𝟰 ━━ with a heavy heart

*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱
*✧ ─── ❝ ❪ WITH A HEAVY HEART ❫ ❞
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT TWO ── audentes fortuna iuvat 🏹 ⁺⑅

*。☆。 ★。\|/。★ ˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱ *✧ ─── ❝ ❪ WITH A HEAVY HEART ❫ ❞ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT TWO  ── audentes fortuna iuvat 🏹 ⁺⑅

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════
CHILDREN OF ARDA DUOLOGY ⋆ ☄.
♯ ❝ I KNOW MY PLACE
CHAPTER FOURTEEN ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
˚ ₊ ♡ the third age ─── year 3018
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

━━ ˚ ₊ ♡ 🏹
❝ 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝙤𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙣 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪 𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙
𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝙣𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙢𝙚 ❞

*✧ ───THE ROAD TO RIVENDELL HAD CHANGED OVER THE YEARS. TREES HAD GROWN, PATHS HAD CHANGED BUT THERE WAS a certain darkness looming around them that reminded Gyda of her very first trip to Mordor. Shadows shifted and wolves howled ferociously in the night. The tension and her rigid posture hadn't change since they moved away from the inner city of Mithlond. One hand clutching her sword and the other holding her horse's reign tightly. Hazel eyes obscuring every little detail with utmost precision in the hopes of spotting danger before it became dangerous to their small delegation.

At least this time on their voyage to the Hidden Valley, Elgarain traveled with more poise of Queen than a young elfling as she kept her eyes on her surroundings, flanked by both Galion and Cirdan on either side of her. It gave her a small moment of relief as she looked over her shoulder to see her on her own horse in the middle of their group.

It was clear the elves weren't the only ones sensing the growing darkness that had fallen upon Middle-Earth as they came across people far and few in between. And when they did, it were the roguish type that liked the danger. And never once did the sun break through the onset of dark storm clouds that hung above their heads like a dark omen. It was only upon arrival at Rivendell that serenity fell upon them again. The air changed the moment they crossed the pathway behind the river Bruinen. A warmth enveloped her and a spark of recognition swelled in her gut at the familiar sight of Imladris. It had not changed at all.

The dark horse she rides upon trots a bit faster, as if sensing the comfort of a stable close by. And even Gyda can admit she cannot wait to enter the house of Lord Elrond again. Once she had only been filled with dismay at the sight of the elven haven, but now, the sight made her feel a sense of home.

With a gentle nudge, Gyda stirs her horse over the stone bridge, letting the familiar sound of water cascading down from the cliffsides assure her of the safe journey they made and she can't help the smile that forms at the sight of a familiar ellon in the distance. Dark blue robes swirling in the western wind.

"Mae govannen!" Lindir greets them with a smile despite the circumstance from the courtyard in front of them.

Gyda waits until Elgarain passes her before she let's herself down from the black steed.