𝟬𝟬𝟲 ━━ guilt is the worst demon

*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱
*✧ ─── ❝ ❪ GUILT IS THE WORST DEMON ❫ ❞
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT ONE ── ad melinora 🏹 ⁺⑅

*。☆。★。\|/。★˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱ *✧ ─── ❝ ❪ GUILT IS THE WORST DEMON ❫ ❞▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT ONE  ── ad melinora 🏹 ⁺⑅

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════
CHILDREN OF ARDA DUOLOGY ⋆ ☄.
♯ ❝THANK YOU MELLON NIN
CHAPTER SIX ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
˚ ₊ ♡ the third age ─── year 2949
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

━━ ˚ ₊ ♡ 🏹
❝ 𝘪 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢 𝘰𝘧 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚,
𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘪 𝘢𝘮 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙮 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘵 ❞

*✧ ─── GYDA HAS NOT ENTERED THE HEALING HALLS SINCE ELGARAIN HAD WRAPPED UP HER ARM. SHE HAD NOT SPOKEN TO ELROHIR OR WENT TO VISIT ELLDAN. Instead she had turned her attention to the borders of Imladris, keen eleven eyes focused on the gap in the valley they had entered through after the Orc attack. Even now as the sun appears with the promise of a new day, Gyda sits and stares in the company of her own guilt.

And sometimes a honey-haired elf.

"Does one never tire of this sight?" Galion appears by her side like a loyal shadow, hands clasped in front of him, a casual smile on his face. But he cannot hide the worry in his eyes when Gyda does nothing but hum in acknowledgement.

He sighs, "What is it you hoping to see?" He wonders instead, staring of in the distance at whatever sight beholds his captain's attention.

"Did we truly defeat them?"

Galion isn't sure if it is Gyda who speaks or if the wind is playing tricks on him.

"Did we?" She repeats louder this time, knuckles turning white as she grips the hilt of her sword.

Galion frowns unsurely, "Gyda, we defeated the Orcs, they are dead. There haven't been any sightings since."

"I did not mean them." Gyda turns to face him, and he startled by the haunted look in her eyes when their gazes meet.

A chill creeps up Galion's spine when Gyda speaks next. "Is Sauron truly dead?"

He swallows, "Isildur cut the ring from his very finger Gyda. Sauron was defeated." He pauses, placing a hand on her shoulder, noting the tremble in her left hand. "Why these sudden doubts? What's happened?"

"You think you defeated him." The Orc taunts as it falls to its knees in front of her. Blood rushing from his lips when he spoke. "Think you could ever hope to kill him little elf."

The orcs last words ring in her head, but the elf pushes them to the back of her mind and remains silent despite Galion's inquisitive gaze. But she is glad her friend knows not to push her past her limits right now and instead changes the subject. "Elldedan has been asking about you."