𝟬𝟭𝟲 ━━ what lies ahead

*。☆。
★。\|/。★
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱
*✧ ─── ❝ ❪ WHAT LIES AHEAD  ❫ ❞
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT TWO  ── audentes fortuna iuvat 🏹 ⁺⑅

*。☆。 ★。\|/。★ ˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ BALLAD OF BROKEN SWORDS ❱ *✧ ─── ❝ ❪ WHAT LIES AHEAD  ❫ ❞ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ ACT TWO  ── audentes fortuna iuvat 🏹 ⁺⑅

═════════ ☆•° °•☆ ═════════
CHILDREN OF ARDA DUOLOGY  ⋆ ☄.
♯ ❝ EITHER ONE WOULD DO
CHAPTER SIXTEEN ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
˚ ₊ ♡ the third age ─── year 3018
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

━━ ˚ ₊ ♡ 🏹
❝ 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙤𝙚𝙨 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝙥𝙖𝙩𝙝 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙚 ❞

*✧ ─── GYDA KNOWS MANY YEARS AGO, HER FATHER STOOD WHERE SHE STANDS NOW. ON THE BRINK OF A WAR, THE MAP OF MIDDLE-EARTH SPREAD OUT ON A LARGE OAKEN TABLE, CANDLES LIT TO CAST A GLOW OVER THE WEATHERED parchment despite the light that filters through the stone archways spread across the walls. In a strange sense, she feels at home, standing with her hands clasped behind her back, calculating gaze wandering around the roads and paths—many of which she has walked before.  Here she knows what to do, to formulate plans, speak of tactics, but for the very same reason her thoughts also drift to things she know nothing off. Her father had marched from Lindon to Mordor with his High-King by his side to face Sauron in the Last Allegiance Between Men and Elves, watched as Gil-Galad had been struck down, where in the battle for good, for light, he had met his own end for the sake of protecting her.

The legacy she carried, the vow she kept suddenly became all the more real. For if the fate of Middle-Earth depended on it, she knew Elgarain would see it through to the end, and if it came down to it, Elgarain's life was worth more than her own. And all Gyda could do as she stared at the ink on the map, depicting forests, mountains and rivers, subconsciously trailing the route she once took with her eyes, was wonder if history would repeat itself. If her fate should be the same as her father before her.

Elgarain shifts next to her and Gyda notes the High-Queen's gaze flickers from the map, and to the Dúnedain, the one who revealed himself as the heir to the throne of Gondor. There is tension in her shoulders like she is keeping back from getting closer to him. And Gyda's mind flashes back to her last night at Rivendell before their return to Lindon. When she still was a princess. The heart ache Elgarain spoke of, of love not meant to be. It's him. Her mind whispers, he's the one that holds Elgarain's heart. And it makes sense now, for he is but a mortal man, even if he is a king.

Almost out of instinct, her hazel eyes rise to meet the blue ones of the elven prince of Mirkwood—like he had been waiting for her to look at him, Legolas stares at her with kind eyes that twinkle at the sight of her. For a moment she keeps staring at him, a strange sense of comfort encasing her before she shakes the feeling away. She turns back to look at the map, missing the subtle frown on his face as she does so.