"I make no promises."

I laughed at her before getting out of the car.

"Your appointment starts a little before mine, but we should be getting our nails done at the same time." She said as we walked through the door.

I sat down in one of the chairs while she signed us in.

"Thanks for doing this Annie. It'll be nice to relax." I said once she sat down by me.

"Yeah. Everything's been very stressful lately, so today we're just gonna take it easy."

"Shaylin." A lady in white clothes said.

"See you in a bit." I told Annie before I stood up and followed her.

***Liliana's POV***

I flipped through a magazine while I waited for my name to be called.

I felt my purse start to buzz and a ringtone started to play. People looked at me while I tried to find Shaylin's phone.

When I finally felt the device in my hand, I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Shaylin I only have three minutes. I'm not allowed to talk to Annie. I know that you hate me, but you have to tell me how she's doing."

My jaw dropped at the familiar voice.

"Alex?" I whispered.

"Annie?"

"Yeah. It's me." Tears filled my vision.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm fine. I get my cast off tomorrow and my bruises are almost gone. Alex how are you?"

"If I'm being honest, it's so horrible in here. Annie, I am so sorry. Things got out of hand, but I'm getting real help in here. I'm getting better for you."

"Alex I almost died." I said as I wiped my cheeks.

"I know. I'm so sorry. I was so terrible in court, but I was just doing what my lawyer told me to. I'll send letters when I can. They'll be addressed to someone else, but they'll be for you. Just know that they're from me."

"Alex, no."

"What?"

"You can't do that. I'm not even supposed to be talking to you right now."

He sighed. "I know, but I can't live without you Annie."

"Then you shouldn't have hurt me."

"I know, baby. I know." He said and I heard yelling in the background.

"Is everything okay?"

"Just another fight."

"Has anyone hurt you?"

"Not yet. My cell mate has been helping me learn the ropes here."

"I'm sorry. I honestly didn't want to press any charges."

"Don't apologize. You were just telling the truth."

"But you weren't trying to kill me, Alex. I know you wouldn't do that. You could be in there for thirty years."

"I'll be fine. I promise, but I have to go Annie. I love you."

"I love you too." I said quietly.

"Hopefully we can talk again soon." He said and the line went dead.

Tears were steadily running down my cheeks.

"Annie."

I looked up at the same woman that took Shaylin and smiled. I quickly deleted the call from Shaylin's recents and followed her.