•|𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 29|•

LILY-ROSE

LILY-ROSE

My head was in a fuzzy haze, my ears felt like I was underwater and most of the voices were muffled.

Lucien moved out of my field of view and I was still in Azrael's arms.

His cheeks had traces of dried tears on them. Why was he crying about me? This doesn't add up.

"Sweetie, you'll be alright don't worry. Lucien is getting Liam out here since we can't move you, he'll know what to do just stay with us, okay" he said while his hand gently stroked my cheeks.

It was just too much for me, he's being all nice and caring and that's all I have ever wanted, hell I dreamed of this.

A tear rolled down my cheek and the sobs clogged up my throat.

"No no no, ma chérie don't cry I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you. Your dad is right here and neither of us is going anywhere baby, just hang on" Azrael tries to comfort me the best he can.

Then he turns to where I guess the front door is and yells in French for Lucien and Liam to hurry or he'll shoot them both in the ass.

For a moment I forgot that I didn't tell them I speak French too, but in the spur of the moment, I couldn't hold the laughter in.

I don't think it registered in his mind because he just looked at me smiling.

Soon after, Liam came with a pram followed by Lucien, Logan, and Ryker who all had bloodshot eyes.

He instructed Azrael to slowly lift me since I was already in his arms and put me in the pram. I winced a little at the movement which made him halt in his steps and apologize numerous times.

Once on it, Azrael made a move to step back and let the doctor strap me in, but on impulse, I clutched his hand tightly. A look of shock coated his face at the sight of my hand clutching his.

When he finally lifted his gaze to meet my face, I gathered all the strength I had left.

"Please don't leave me"

He looked taken back for a second but then he brought both his hands to coat mine and then he placed a kiss on my palm.

"I would never leave you, my little girl, never"

He kept my hand in his all the way to the infirmary, telling me that all would be good and that he'd never leave my side at all.

Once in, Logan tried convincing Liam to let him in with me, saying that he could help if he ever needed anything. But with one look at my current state, Liam just shook his head, knowing that what he'll see will break them.

Before he settled me in the medical room and started hooking me up with all those machines, Azrael came to my side, his hand gently brushing my cheek.

He kissed my forehead and whispered to me before the anesthesia kicked in.

"Don't be afraid Lily, I would rather die than let someone take you away from me again, I won't survive losing you another time sweetheart. So just hold on tight for us please"

With those being the last words I heard, I was sucked into a dark abyss where all the pain of the world ceased to exist.

AZRAEL

I watched as my daughter slowly blacked out under the heavy doses that Liam injected her with.

The tears that I fought to keep at bay gained reign free all at once, I just couldn't fathom the idea of losing my girl again. This time it will be to death itself and I can't protect her from it, no matter how desperate I am, there is nothing I can fight to get her out of this bed and in my arms safe and sound again.

I look up to Liam who was in his surgical gear. I couldn't even think of any threats or demands or orders to give him, my breaths felt heavy on my chest.

"You have my lifeline lying on this table, please Liam, don't let her die, don't kill me again"

With that, I turn on my heels and leave the infirmary.

Barely a foot out, I see all my sons scattered in the hallway. All of them had red eyes, all but the first two triplets. Ezekiel was unconsolable in Ryker's arms who himself was barely holding back his sobs.

I swallowed a lump, and after looking at my children this broken I just couldn't think of any way to help them. What could I do? Tell them that it will all be alright and that she will be out in a few minutes.

I'd be lying if I said so, lying to them and myself.

So I simply open my arm for them.

Logan and Ezekiel were the first to join, slowly they all came in and for a brief moment, I felt at peace holding my sons, I knew that as long as we are there for each other we will never break down, and that's what my Lily needs, she needs us to believe in her and be by her side.

The hours stretched and none of us made any move to leave the medical waiting hall, Elias and Elijah were    on the floor sleeping while their heads are supporting each other, Ezekiel was sitting on the floor too, his back right next to the door with dried tears on his cheeks, Logan right next to him, with his head resting on his knees.

My three eldest were still on their feet, occasionally Ryker would walk all along the hall mumbling about how long it has been.

I was standing right opposite of the door, my weight supported by the wall silently praying that I get to hold my daughter once more, to just be able to see her walking healthily in front of me, that's all I'm asking for.

The door finally opens and Liam makes his way out, he was barely dragging his feet and tears were frozen in his eyes.

We all stood directly in front of him, each one talking, demanding answers. The noise became too overwhelming until a loud voice stopped it all, and I came to realize I was the origin of that.
I exhaled and looked at Liam with a pleading look,

“She's not dead, she made it … Right?”