•|𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 19|•

LILY ROSE

LILY ROSE

The voices surrounding me kept pulling me back to the real world little by little.
A big light was straight above me, I could feel it even with my eyes closed.

I can't remember what happened or even guess where I am at the moment, all my joints are hurting me and I can feel a nasty headache coming once I'm fully awake.
Drowsy, I gather enough strength in my arms to pull myself up from the bed. That's when I realize that I have quite a big crowd with me in the room.

Looking around me, I saw that my sperm donor and almost half of my brothers are present in the room as well as an unknown individual who I presume is a doctor seeing as I am in a medically well equipped room.

Oh god! Am I in an infirmary!?
Did they see my scars?
Shit shit shit
This ain't supposed to happen

Alright breath Rose, I'm still wearing my clothes so there's a chance they didn't see anything.
I think that Logan thought that I was panicking due to the fact that the room was crowded because he ushered everyone out even though  Ryker and Lucian wanted to complain and almost refused to leave.

Which leaves me alone with the doctor, perfect!

He made his way to the side of the bed and before he talked I was quick to interrupt him.

"Listen here doc, I know why I'm here and I already know what I need, this ain't my first rodeo so please give me some painkillers for my headache and let me go because I have a lot to take care of."

Safe to say that he was not expecting this from me.
"Ehm well first I'm Dr.Liam, your family's doctor and I happen to be one of your brother's best friend so assuming that you already know how they are when it comes to you I can't discharge you with running some tests first princess" he says with a soft smile while he gets ready to take my blood pressure.

Sighing, I silently give him my arm.
He's right. Sort of, it won't end well for him if he does that but also it's not like he'd run a full diagnosis on me .

"Once I let them back in here you are to tell them that all I need is some good sleep you hear me. I can't delay going back to school and don't even think of running a full diagnosis on me cause that ain't happening." As he was about to speak " I'm not done yet! You may fear them but let me tell you that what I can do is a hundred times worse than all of them combined. So don't piss me off"

He didn't say anything afterwards but he had this weird look in his eyes. He's trying to read me.

Yeah, as if that'll ever happen

Once he's done checking all my vitals I let him call the bio's back.
The first one to come through that door was Ezekiel. His eyes were still moist and he came straight to where I was sitting now on the edge of the bed. I flinched a little when it seemed like he was charging at me but then he halted his steps and silently asked me if he could hold me.
I don't know what came to me but I suddenly had this vision of him shaking me by the shoulders and crying, I didn't like seeing him that hurt and distraught so I nodded and he immediately took me in his arms.

M-my first hug

This was the first time someone hugged me in my whole life. And it's my brother.
I've always seen little girls in the park playing and then their big brothers would come to take them and they'd hold them in their arms and smother them with kisses. I used to watch from a distance because I was never allowed to play, nor did I have someone who'd love me like that.

This is the first time that I'm in someone's embrace. The first time that someone is touching me without having any bad intentions. The first time that I'm letting someone get this close to me without getting tense. This is my first time feeling the warmth of someone's embrace.

I cherished the little moment for as long as I could, not wanting to let go of him just yet. But when he started pulling away I let my hands fall on my sides and when he was finally looking at me I saw the questions in his eyes. I only gave him a small smile in response.

Fuck! Was my panic attack really this bad ?

"OH MY GOD!!! I - you - you're - I " Logan started saying but wasn't able to finish his words as he got choked up with his tears.

His eyes were already red and it seems he wasn't the only one. Ezekiel too had bloodshot eyes and Azrael and Ryker too.

What, in the name of Christ, happened to these men ?

Suddenly Azrael approached too, followed by Ryker. As he got closer I think he wanted to hold me but the moment his hand was raised, I involuntarily flinched.
That made them stop in their tracks immediately, Zeke gave me a gentle squeeze in my upper arm and I had to hold back a groan.

The tension in the room could be cut by a knife.
Then the doctor, who's name is apparently Liam, he had it on his clipped badge, started speaking to my sperm donor and the two others with him.

"Her vitals are alright now, she passed out because of the panic attack and also the tiring trip to the mall so it's nothing alarming her body just couldn't handle being exhausted both physically and mentally" I internally scoffed at that part, boy you couldn't be more wrong "I believe she just needs to rest a little a probably some painkillers for her headache as she told me she has one"

"Are you sure there's nothing major Liam, that's my only daughter and seeing her passed out isn't something easy so please are you certain that it's just due to being exhausted" if I wasn't sure that I was fully awake I swear I would think that the desperation in Azrael's voice and traits was just a figment of my imagination.

The doctor looked uneasy and I fucking knew he'd screw up so I spoke instead.

"I'm good, other than a headache I don't feel any pain so I'm sure whatever he's saying is right."

"But Lily - "
" It's Rose"
"Rose, you literally lost all your colors back in the car, I thought I lost you again" Logan said, his voice thick with emotions

"My apologies for the inconvenience, I just remembered some things that I saw back in my old school and that bothered me a bit. But I am better now"

As if I was ever better