•|𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 3|•

AZRAEL

AZRAEL

The house was quiet again, I'm sure all the boys are out or hanging out with their friends, well except Ezekiel and Lucian of course, those two only leave the house to go either to school or to work.

I quietly make my way towards the most precious room in this mansion, the room that only family is allowed to step foot inside, la chambre de mon ange perdu.
(The room of my lost angel)

It's a habit for me to come here every night, the room is always clean, we make sure of that by ourselves. You'd be surprised to know that the boys keep their rooms messy all the time and it always look like a tornado went through there but they always fight on who get the chance to clean up their little sister's room.

I sat there, on the floor with my back against her crib, I don't know for how long I was there staring at the lovely picture in my hand. She is almost 16 now, I can't help but feel heartbroken knowing that I missed all 16 years of my daughter's life, I missed all of her milestones. I never celebrated any of her birthdays, I missed a lot of her firsts. I wasn't there to cheer for her when she took her first steps, I didn't mend her scratches when she fell while playing, i didn't hug her when she said her first words,hell I don't even know what her first word was, I wasn't there to hear her call me Papa, I didn't teach her how to ride a bick. I wasn't there for all her first days at school. I can't help but feel this awful feeling of disappointment, I failed my youngest child, the one that I swore I would go beyond hell to protect.

I was still zoning out reminiscing all the selected memories that I have of my daughter on her early days in this life, thinking about how our life would be if my little Lily grew up with us when suddenly my phone started ringing breaking me out of my trance. Taking it out of my pocket after putting my glass on the floor, I answer it without checking the ID with my eyes still on the picture in my hand. I wait for the whoever is on the other end of the line to speak.

Nothing in the world could've ever prepared me for what I heard ...

My daughter, ma princesse will finally come home after all these years, I will finally be able to have her in my hand and watch her grow into the amazing woman I know she will be. I quickly hang up after telling the officer that I will be there first hour tomorrow and warning him of what will happen if I come to find that my daughter is hurt in anyway.

After hanging up, I just sat there processing what ever the hell had happened few minutes ago.
And it's like something switched in me, I honestly don't think I have ever ran this fast in a long time. I went to Ezekiel's room first but he wasn't there so I headed towards the library where I found him curled up on the armchair reading a book.

"Hey son, would you come downstairs for a second. There's something I need to talk to you about" I whisper to him because we all know that the library is Zeke's safe place and he hates it when there's so much noise in there, he nods at me and move to put his book back I guess.

Walking through the first floor corridor, I'm surprised to see the lights in Logan's room, I knock then barge in without bothering to wait for an answer.

"DAD !! Why bother knocking if you just barge in anyway??! That's like the total opposite of the importance of knocking, I could've been naked or even fucking someone" my idiotic middle son complains.

"Oh cut your crap Logan! I can barge in if I want that's still my house, and I'm your father for god's sake I've seen you naked before I don't think that you've changed that much anyway. Now quite your whining and get your fat ass downstairs"

With that I turn to go out after hearing him mumbling how he's mistreated in this house and is no one's favorite, I can't believe that he's in college he's like a man child.
I head towards our home office where me and Lucian work usually, and as expected I find him sitting there working on some paperwork.

"Put what you have in your hands and come to the living room it's an emergency" as I was heading out I suddenly remember " oh and call those idot brothers of yours and tell them to get there asses here, I already informed Ezekiel and Logan just call the rest"

After that I go to the living room where I find Ezekiel sitting in one of the couches with a book in his hands. He is my baby boy, my youngest son and also the most quiet one, despite him being selectively mute I still thought that he would be a little bit like his other brothers at his age or even his triplets, be he is the complete opposite. He doesn't cause any trouble and is mostly in his room or in the library if not at school, he is so quiet that it worries me sometime as I don't know what is truly happening in his head.

Thinking about this made me wonder, how will my little ange be ? What will her personality look like ?

I guess I zoned out because next thing I know is Ezekiel trying to get my attention by waving his book in front of my face, snapping out of my thoughts I ask him what's wrong and he sign to me about why I called him here and wether he was in trouble or something

"Don't worry buddy you're not in trouble, I just need to announce something to you guys and I need you all together" I tell him in a soft tone because Ezekiel for me is somehow special than the rest of the boys, not that I love them any less but truthfully Ezekiel is my favorite after Lily of course.

"You're not getting married are you?" He signed to me looking a little bit confused.

I chuckled and then shook my head before telling him that he has to wait if he wants to know what I have to say, he just shrugged and went back to his reading.

Another thing about Ezekiel is that he learned ASL at a young age and to be able to communicate with him I learned it as well as Lucian, Ryker and Logan, the other mainly communicate with him through texts.

We sat in the living room in silence for about 15 minutes before all the boys came even the ones who were out. The last one being Ryder, I didn't fail to notice that he was really drunk and it wasn't even that late yet, I let it slid mainly because I'm in a good mood.

"Papa, we are all here. Care to tell us what is the emergency? Did we receive any threat that I'm not aware of ?" The voice of my oldest son echoed in the living room with a slight look of concern that was instantly replaced with his usual cold stare.

After he ended his words all the boys started talking and shouting about what threat and some even started thinking of ways to torture whoever threatened us and I was really starting to get pissed.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP ALL OF YOU !" I haven't shouted at them in a long time they were all shocked from my outburst but I didn't give a damn care at the moment " YOU WILL ALL SIT YOUR BUTTS DOWN AND NOT A SINGLE SOUND UNTIL I SAY SO"

They all sit down immediately, and nod there head at me and Lucian is looking at me even more worried now because I never get this worked up not even about our worst situations, which we had a lot of.

Clearing my throat, I take a deep breath and in one sentence I break the news to them .

"I have found her ..."

***************************************

And the third chapter is up !! TADAAAA 🎊
Please tell me what you think about it and let me know in the comments what you think of Azrael so far?

Love ya <3