•|𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 11|•

LILY-ROSE

LILY-ROSE

I was so lost in the euphoric feeling of freedom that I failed to pick up the sound of footsteps approaching me. It wasn't until I felt a hand on my shoulder that I jerked my eyes open and realized that Ezekiel was standing right in front of me.

Taking a good look at his face, something deep within me awakened.

He wasn't looking at me with hatred or disgust like his triplets and Ryder, nor was he looking at me indifferently like Lucian and Ryker.
His gaze held a certain warmth while looking at me, adoration and relief were there too but it was the warmth that shook me to the core.

No one has ever looked at me that way like I am some sort of miracle that the gods blessed them with. Like I was the only answer to all their prayers. Not a single soul I've encountered in my whole existence looked at me like I was the reason they didn't give up.

A lump formed in my throat from the harshness of this realization, humidity gathered in my eyes and I had to blink the tears away.

"Ehm, how can I help you, Ezekiel?" I managed to make my voice relatively void of emotions without it sounding harsh or cold

As he was fetching his phone to type his answer, I held his hand to stop him from doing so. The moment I did, a look of panic splattered on his face.
He thinks I will force him to talk! 

Quickly I retrieved my hand and talked while signing at the same time
"You don't have to write on your phone, I'm fluent in sign language. And I would never force you to talk Zeke, I would never force you to do anything that makes you uncomfortable"

To say he was shocked would be an understatement, the look on his face was a mix of relief and shock at the same time, probably because I gave him a nickname too.
Honestly, I am pretty shocked about that too.

"I... I thought that you... that" he was trying to sign something but it was clear as the day that he was struggling

"It's alright, you assumed that I didn't know ASL which is alright" I started saying just to ease his panicked state a little, "you can take a seat if you want, promise I don't bite"

Alright, if you are wondering if I just attempted to crack a joke then your answer is yes. Yes, I just did.

What the hell is wrong with me?

He recovered partially from his shock and took a seat next to me. We kept quiet for a moment just relaxing under the tree trunk, bathing in the calmness that the garden provides.
It is a little surprising that we weren't interrupted by one of the loonies that are our family sadly.

"Why are you awake this early?" I asked him because, well in my case it is quite obvious, though how come he's awake even before Azrael himself or Lucian?

"I'm an early bird I guess, what about you?" he said while shrugging his shoulders

He's a shity liar, but I respect his decision of not telling me the truth straight away, I would lie as well.