•|𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 12|•

LILY-ROSE

LILY-ROSE

Cutlery colliding with our plates was the only sound heard in the entire room for a while. Getting suffocated I push my plate forward and start to leave.

"Lily dear, may I have a word with you first," Azrael said after finishing his cup of coffee

I stood still and looked at him waiting for what is it he wants to say, from the corner of my eye, I see that Lucian is looking smug and I can't help but wonder if he is about to break a promise he did not even an hour ago.

"Not in here, please follow me to my office," he says as he starts making his way to the stairs

Looking briefly towards Ezekiel who nods his head for me, I take that as a sign and start climbing up.

The office is on the third floor, which means most of their home office meetings happen here. Such a shity security they have here, I could break in blindfolded.

Anyway, not my circus, not my monkeys!

Knocking at the door, a "come in" is heard instantly and I make my way inside. The interior gives old French bourgeoisie, which is cool in my opinion, and definitely screams wealth.

I could feel the sperm donor stare at me while I'm admiring the room. Soon after I take a seat and wait for him to speak.

"I hope you've had some time to settle in ma chérie, is there anything you'd wish to change in your room? We could have a designer help with anything you think of" he starts speaking and I hate to admit it but the genuine notch in his voice and the look he's giving me affected something deep inside.

No! This ain't how it's supposed to go.

I am only here till I'm 18, I can't break down

But what if they really want you?

No one has ever really wanted me, not my own birth giver

They, are not her.

Yeah sure, I'm not falling for this fake affection! Neither should you!

My consciousness can be a whiny bitch sometimes and as much as I hate that voice, I can't help but wish it's right this time. Although that's all I can do, keep wishing because it's never gonna happen and I'll never be really welcomed anywhere.

"The room is good, I don't think that is the reason you called me up here so why don't you get straight to the point already"

"You're right that's not the only reason why I called you here. Well, I believe I will have to keep it short, I wouldn't want to keep you here more than you're willing to. You will be starting school alongside the triplets in two days also based on your academic record, which is very impressive my dear, you will be in the same grade as them as well" he says all while having a proud dad's look on his face.