The Boys

Ghost spent quite some time going over the details of the case, what Laswell's team had uncovered and what their mission focus was going to be. Worm listened intently, making the occasional notes in her notebook before asking 'Do you have any leads about possible accomplices to Gutierrez, who's he getting his weapons from and who's bankrolling him?'

Ghost turned to her, feeling proud of the eagerness of the young woman 'Nothing so far, but that's what we're hoping you can assist with. You're great at sussing out unknown connections, so we'll be looking to you to bring us some new crumbs' he said honestly.

Worm smiled at the compliment 'Well, let's get at it then' she said confidently.

For the next few hours, Ghost helped Worm sift through the intel, picking out and analysing key information points, in order to come up with a focus to start the search. Worm scribbled notes as they discussed ideas and started coming up with some suggestions. By late afternoon, they had a clear list of starter points and leads to follow up.

Feeling satisfied with their deliberations, Worm set up a search of the database with their keywords. She logged into the CIA database files, Laswell had made available to them, setting up the same search parameters there.

While the search was running, Worm, curious about the new team members, quizzed Ghost. 'So what's the story with the new sergeants? Have you and Price worked with them before?'

'Yeah, they've been part of the task force since the start and we've worked with them on missions before. Gaz is a good guy, quiet, knowledgeable and efficient. Soap is a sniper and demolitions expert. He can be a bit of an arse and never knows when to shut up, but he's an effective member in the field',  Ghost responded honestly.

Worm chuckled at his comments 'Not so keen on Soap, are you, Ghost? You used to say I never shut up'. she teased bumping his arm.

Ghost shook his head and laughed 'Yeah, I did. You're far prettier love, so you get a pass' he said with a wink. 'I deal with him when I have to. Watch out for him though, he sees himself as a bit of a ladies man', Ghost cautioned.

'Oh, I see. Affirmative lieutenant' she said grinning as Ghost rolled his eyes.

A notification appeared on the screen to alert Worm to her searches completing. Looking through the results, she and Ghost mainly found information related to known Cartel movements and previous incidents involving Gutierrez.

'Okay, doesn't give us much new information, but I'll do some digging with what's come up and see if I can pick anything else up that's worth following up'. Worm suggested to Ghost.

'Affirmative, I've got a briefing with Price and Laswell, before dinner, so I'll check in with you then', Ghost said before giving her a quick hug and leaving her to it.

Worm spent time researching various sources, public and secured, using the keywords she and Ghost had gleaned from the intel. By the time, Ghost dropped by to let her know it was time for dinner, Worm had generated a rough timeline of Gutierrez and some incidents that weren't explicitly linked to him, but were worth a closer look.

Walking into the mess hall, Price was sitting at the table with a young man, while another was dishing out food for everyone. Worm observed the scene, feeling a little apprehensive. This must be the other two members of the team, Price mentioned, she thought nervously. Price gestured for Worm to sit beside him. Ghost winked at Worm before he collected his plate and left to eat elsewhere.

'Worm, this is Gaz, Sergeant Garrick and Soap, Sergeant Mac Tavish', Price said introducing the three.

'Good to have you with us Worm', Gaz said with a wide grin.

'Thanks Gaz, it's great to meet you', Worm responded, liking the young man already.

Soap walked over to the table to join them, plate of food in hand 'So this is the wee Worm then?' he asked with a cheeky grin.

'Nice to meet you Soap', Worm responded, noticing the difference in the accents.

'How you getting on Worm, you settled in okay?' Price asked

'Yeah I'm good. Ghost went over all the case details and we searched the task force and CIA database, seeing if it would throw up anything of use. Not much came up on Gutierrez, but there's some info I've been gathering for a possible timeline that'll give me more to work with', Worm explained confidently.

'Great start Worm. I'm sure you'll be able to find us more', Price said confident in the young woman's ability.

'Aww, poor wee Worm. Think Price is tryin tae scare ye aff, putting ye wae Ghost. He'll gie ye nightmares, hen', Soap said laughing.

As if summoned, Ghost walked back into the room with his plate and went to make a cuppa. 'Give it a rest Soap', Ghost growled from behind him.

Worm sighed, 'I think I understood what you were trying to say, Soap. I worked with Ghost for four months and I'm still alive, so I'm not too worried', Worm stated with a smirk.

'Aye lassie, that's cos ye didnae ask him aboot his mask' Soap commented with a cautionary look.

'Soap!' Price warned.

'Whit? Wisnae daen any herm, Price' Soap pleaded.

Worm rolled her eyes thinking about how funny and childish he was being. She could only imagine how Ghost survived working with this man. 

'So how does a bonnie wee lass get the name Worm? Didnae think lassies were that keen on dirty wriggly wee creepy shits ' Soap scoffed and chuckled.

Price frowned and Ghost glared at Soap.

Worm just smiled 'I kinda like worms, they're smart and useful. You scared of a little dirt, Soap? she asked bluntly, emphasising the P at the end of his call sign.

Price chuckled and Gaz burst out laughing slapping Soap's arm 'She got you sussed Soap, you germphobe'

Ghost rolled his eyes and shook his head. 'Fucking hell' he whispered.

Soap and Gaz soon headed off to get their gear ready to set off early the next morning for their re-con mission, leaving Ghost, Worm and Price catching up in the dining area.