Chapter Seventy One

Start from the beginning

But if a demon can withstand it....

"It's a supernatural powered virus" I mutter. Sigging into my pockets I watch the grace roll around in the palm of my hand. The golden glow illuminating my features, I raise my brow as the thought crosses my mind. We don't have another option and I don't have time to sit here and mull over the consequences of what the grace will do to me. If Pestilance's disease doesn't harm demons then it shouldn't harm an angel either- At least that is what logic is dictating at this moment.

Jogging over to my duffle packed with emergency essentials dig around for the rope. Closing my eyes I call to memory the building schematics we went over on the ride here. "Sixteen paces down" I talk myself through it, my paced dancing to match my memory "Four paces right..." Peaking over the side I spot the top story window that's my target. Backing up I tie off the rope to the neighbouring AC. Again, surveying the space between the ledge and the window. "Oh boy" I mark the measure on the rope. Raising the grace once more, I quickly realise that there's no more time to think on this. We've run into overtime and now we're praying for a hail mary.

Apparently, this time, that hail mary is me.

Ripping the cap off I bring the vial swiming with gold to my lips. Pouring it into my mouth it goes down like ice cold water. Then, it explodes. Absorbed in my chests my veins burn with an icy heat I've never felt in my life. Gasping, I clench my fist around the rope. After the gut punch I expected to feel unbarable pain... but it doesn't arrive. Rolling my shoudlers I feel it moving around inside me and it's... power. Like a part inside me I never realised needed to be filled.

Iron dagger in my grasp I launch off the rooftop, the rope careening me downwards I brace and smash boots first through the retirement home window. Crashing through the glass I move with a strange crystal clear clarity. The glass crunching under my body, the scrape of a chair from a man standing up, the crunch of bone when my dagger slices through his hand, the clatter of the ring falling against vinyl floor.

My blade threateningly held at the horseman's throat I step protectively on Pestilence's ring, "Call off your pet." Behind me I hear the disappearance of smoke from the demon who didn't have the stomach to remain. I can hear Sam rolling onto his back. The crunch of his jacket as he moves. The hiss of Dean's jeans against the floor. My senses... they're so incredibly sharp.

Pain violently tears through my back like someone's cleved between my shoulder blades with a sword. Collapsing into the linom floor I dig my nails in so viciously I peel plastic. The pain is blinding. As if a blunt spoon is carving through my back. The moment I feel blood my anxiety escalates into full blown panic. Gasping a scream rips through my lungs I'm suddenly shoved down by a weight against my back. Pain as hot as iron searing down my spine my scream intensifies.

Suddenly, the lights blow and I brace my head as glass rains down over us from the skylight.

"Wings..." Lifting my red rimmed gaze, Pestilence stares in awe over my back shoudler "Why... I haven't seen them since..." Trailing off, he glances between me and the wall in awe "...Since the age of Alexander."

Craning my neck, I narrow my gaze at the reason for the ache in my back. Feathers, golden like a deep sunset, expodes from my back in two sets of wings. Arching over my head to cascade down my spine in sparklingly bronzes into an obsidion darker then any raven I've ever seen.

I feel their eyes on me but I don't dare to look, too scared at what I might see glaring back at me.

{}{}{}

"Your mind is not calm."

"Castiel there's a set of freaking wings comin out of my damn back!" I snap, jabbing my thumb over my shoulder "How am I suppose to be calm?!" Perched on the workshop workbench, Cas squints thoughtfully against Dakota's harsh mid day sun. Immediately understanding he's taking this seriously, I blurt "Not serious Cas!"