Chapter 27 - Gina's Dare

A/N please vote and drop some comments... i love reading them. feedback and spelling errors are highly welcome.

◦•●◉✿ . ✿◉●•◦

Pavel stole a glance at Lily, her profile bathed in the light of the fire.

Gina's dare hung in the air like a storm cloud, pregnant with potential disaster.

Pavel understood that Lily preferred to keep their relationship casual. However, the idea of casualness remained vague to Pavel, a concept that he struggled to fully grasp when it relates to Lily. To him, every touch from her carried a promise. He wanted everyone to recognize that she belonged to him, and he belonged to her. He enjoyed the secrecy of their relationship, but deep within his heart, he craved them to be openly acknowledged and celebrated by the world, like Kuznetsov and Ana.

"Kiss Pavel," Gina's voice rang out, laced with barely concealed glee. The bonfire crackled, a sardonic accompaniment to the stunned silence that followed.

Every head in the circle whip towards him, Caleb's gaze the sharpest blade of all.

Lily started, "No let's not–

"This game is stupid. Why would you ask her that?" Caleb cut in.

She tilted the glass to her lips, the liquid amber disappearing slowly as her eyes narrowed defiantly. "You know what, I will."

"Lily?"

With a grace that was as captivating as it was primal, she rose from her seat and straddled Pavel, her legs folded on either side of his strong thighs, their bodies now intimately aligned

Pavel sat still, like a figure carved out of marble. "What are you doing?" he whispered.

Her hands cupped his face and kissed him. Their lips merged in a consuming kiss. Everything seemed to disappear as Pavel lost himself in the intoxicating taste of her.

He uncurled his hands, raised them to her waist, caressing the exposed skin underneath her loose shirt as he returned the kiss. Pavel poured his longing into the kiss, his tongue tracing the seam of her lips, exploring the sweetness within. Lily responded with equal fervor, her arms winding around his neck.

The dare, the initial spark for this connection, was forgotten, lost in the swirling haze of kiss.

Pavel pulled away slightly, his forehead resting against hers. His breath caught in his throat as he gazed at her, his gaze sweeping over the flush on her cheeks, the way her lips, still swollen from their kiss, glistened in the dim light.

A low growl rumbled in his chest as he met her gaze. "Lily," he murmured, the word thick with unspoken emotions, "straddling me wasn't part of the dare."

She looked down the bulge between them and smiled before uncurling herself from his lap. Lily couldn't help but bite her lip, a smile appearing on her face.

Pavel's discreet adjustment was almost comical, a subtle shift of his hips with his legs crossed. Luckily for him, the dim light from the burning fire made it easy for him to hide his erection but judging by Jude's amused expression, it was clear he wasn't fooling anyone.

They had crossed a line, and there was no turning back. Their secret was out, he thought. Was this the moment Lily and he would come out and tell everyone?

Lily settled in her seat. "See, not a big deal."

Her nonchalant words, "See, not a big deal," hit him like a cold shower, instantly dousing the flicker of hope within him.