Chapter 6 - You need therapy

A/N: the chapter title is for you freaks.

◦•●◉✿ . ✿◉●•◦

Pavel sat in the therapist's office, taking in every detail of the room. The walls' soft, muted colors created a serene ambiance.

Jane Preston, a warm, middle-aged woman with kind eyes and a compassionate smile, began the session by making some small talk.

Perched on the couch, Pavel sat with his legs spread out, his posture relaxed—a familiar stance for his regular therapy sessions. Over the past two years, he had discovered the value of sharing his feelings instead of keeping them bottled up. While his teammates were his friends, he couldn't bring himself to reveal his emotions for Lily.

"Mr Pavel, it's been a while since we last saw each other. Congratulations on the win."

"Thank you, even though I know you don't watch sports."

The woman smiled. "Well, my son is a hockey fan so..." she adjusted in her seat. "Anyway, what plans do you have for the summer?"

Pavel looked up, his eyebrows furrowing in thought. His voice, smooth and deep, resonated in the room as he replied. "Honestly, I don't have any plans, just going to take it easy, maybe attend a few clubs."

"You're not going on vacation or attending any training camps."

"Nah, it's no big deal. I just thought I'd stay back this year."

"What is Lily doing this summer?"

A smile crept across his face at the mention of her name. "She has her internship, but I promise you, me staying back in the city has nothing to do with the fact that Lily is now emotionally available."

He could taste the lie on his tongue. Everything he did had everything to do with her.

"How has been the assignment I gave you, about actively trying to date other girls? It might help redirect your focus."

Pavel chuckled, his deep voice tinged with irony. "I met someone a few nights ago, pretty girl."

Pavel made sure not to mention that the only thing he found attractive about his masked vixen from the club was that her features had reminded him of a lily. Same blonde hair, hazel eyes, and full lips. He had definitely closed his eyes, imagining it was her sucking him off that night.

Dr. Jane leaned back in her chair, her concern deepening, her empathetic gaze fixed on him. "Mr Pavel, sometimes we create narratives in our minds that may not align with reality. Perhaps it is time to move on. Try harder to foster relationships that should go beyond sex. Pursue meaningful connections that go deeper than an obsession, and you might find a path to healing and happiness. You can't keep revolving your life around her."

Dr. Jane's words were a catalyst for change. He knew she was right, but that didn't make it easy for him.

Pavel had created his reputation as a playboy, not intentionally at first, but because he needed an outlet to escape this crazy obsession, so after the games, he would invite girls to his hotel. It was not surprising how many girls are willing to sleep with a pro athlete. He called them his puck bunnies.

Unfortunately, his thoughts and dreams had been consumed by another woman so much that he accidentally called one of his puck bunnies, Lily.

Josephine... Lily... anyone could have made that mistake, but, of course, the girl didn't believe so and called out. "You need therapy," before storming out of the room.

And now here he was, two years later.

Dr Jane's voice brought him back from his thoughts.

"But I am proud of you, Mr Pavel... at least you met someone. Very soon you will find yourself free from this obsession."