[BREAKING DAWN] Chapter 86 - News

Start from the beginning

We're not married yet though...

Edward smirked, listening to my thoughts. "Does it mean that you would have been more inclined to accept once married ?"

I glared at him. "Maybe. Maybe not."

"What will make you say yes ?"

His face leaned forward and dived into the crook of my neck where he pressed his lips on.

My breath got erratic with just the bare minimum. I became weak every time the word distance didn't make any sense in situations like these, and he knew it.

"Say yes." Edward breathed out, looking up.

I didn't know what he saw in my eyes when he did so, but his lips quickly imprisoned mine, not giving me the chance to answer. Soon enough, my back came in contact with the cushions of the couch we were on and his hand pressed me to his chest.

I didn't try to free myself from the torture he probably thought he was putting me into, and instead, moved my lips in sync with his and wrapped my arms around his neck.

I was almost ashamed to say that I wasn't strong enough to stop him. I was even tempted to keep resisting his demand for him to stop resisting mine. Abstinence was a lot more harder now with the wedding only weeks apart.

"So ?" Edward asked in one of the short moments our lips were apart.

"Huh ?"

What were we even arguing about ? I was so lost in the moment, that I couldn't focus in anything he was saying to me. 

"What do you say ?" Edward insisted, parting his lips from mine to stare at me, a smile of victory on his face.

As if the bubble Edward had put me in with his overwhelming presence exploded, I was finally becoming aware of my surroundings. I could hear a car parking in front of the house, and quickly deducted that it was my parent's one.

In the blink of an eye, my nervosity took over my arousal, reminding me of the reason why we were waiting for them in the first place.

"I say, that my parents just came back and if you want to share your everything with me, you better not be found in this position." I answered, pressing my hands against his chest to push him back so I could sit up.

Edward smirked, straightened his shirt and ran his fingers through his hair before grabbing my left hand again. "We have plenty of time to talk about it. And don't panic. You're not confessing murder."

"Easy for you to say."

The key rattled on the front door one of my parents was opening and my heartbeat accelerated. 

It is good news. It is. 

I heard the sounds of my parents taking off their shoes at the doorstep to put on their slippers, the sound of the door getting closed and the keys being hung on the wall.

My mother froze at the sight of Edward and I, sitting together, waiting to announce something she anticipated with fear judging by the way she tried not to make a face while she spied the situation.

As if realization hit her, her facial expressions changed for a painful one and her eyebrows started to join together. "You better not be pregnant !" 

My father joined her, with a surprised expression on his face as he stared at Edward and I on the couch. 

"She better not be." my father insisted, glaring at Edward and I.