81-84

[Chapter 81: "Because he is Dazai Osamu."]

No matter when, the wind never stops. It will pass through high mountains, sweep across the wide sea, and at some point fall into the abyss. people.

The tide became more turbulent as the sun sank into the horizon, but there were still only two of them on the dim reef. The humid air carried the salty smell of the sea, and Verlaine, who had concluded the deal, got the reply he wanted from Tan Mahiru.

According to the plan, he should rush to the Port Mafia as quickly as possible and find Rimbaud with the most lightning speed - however, he did not want to move.

A kind of feeling called timidity caused him to stay here. This unsuppressable feeling accumulated in his chest, temporarily consuming all his ability to move.

This was the only emotion that could stop him for a long time. Before that, there was only a lingering feeling of loneliness in his heart, a real feeling of loneliness.

He felt like a comet flying alone in the universe, surrounded by vacuum, absolute zero nothingness. There is no possibility of being seen or approached. What can accompany him is desolation and silence - this feeling drives him and makes him more determined to take Chuuya away. [15]

The night wind was still there, and the surroundings had completely darkened.

Looking at Verlaine who was still motionless, Tan Mahiru showed a little confusion. Just when he was thinking about whether to take a step forward and have dinner before meeting Dazai, Verlaine spoke.

"You are the least human being I have ever seen."

Tan Mahiru: "..."

"I have seen many human beings," Verlaine, immersed in his thoughts, frowned and continued: "Power, wealth, fame , knowledge, freedom, and ideals. Since human beings were born into the world, they have been constantly searching for the meaning of their existence in a world full of flowers. In order to get this meaning, they will walk through the muddy roads like lost wild dogs and make themselves miserable. You are extremely embarrassed, and then you will get a little bit of clues, but you are different, you seem to have overcome the staggering road of searching, and directly have extremely firm beliefs. Why is this?"

Such confusion does not only exist in Verlaine's heart. , in a more distant part of the city, in the brightly lit streets, Dazai suddenly stopped after completing his mission.

Chuuya in front walked a long way before he realized that his partner was behind him.

"Hey, you bastard mackerel, what are you doing?"

The night wind roared and the tide crashed against the shore.

Tan Zhenzhou hesitated to speak but hesitated. After thinking for a long time, he jumped down from the rock and stood far enough away from Verlaine.

"If I have to say it," Tan Mahiru's face was completely different from Verlaine's, and he did not have the humility to realize the truth of life, "I have not always been very determined, because when I was very young, I was thinking about how Aji should live. To live his life, in my opinion, he who is the best in the universe should get the best things in the universe, and I will hold everything in front of him. But then one late autumn night, he crossed the forest alone and sank into the deep sea. In a pond with peach blossom trees."