55-58

[Chapter 55: "Are you thinking about me?"]

The dusk in Yokohama is a very bright color, with seagulls and wind flying in the air, the sea in the distance and the nearby The beach was dyed a brilliant golden yellow.

Tan Mahiru and Chuuya walked on the beach together.

"...Because Dazai contacted your organization members in advance, Rando did not die. However, he seemed to have little will to survive. After waking up in the secret basement, he rarely spoke. I went to see him twice, which is rare. In a few conversations, he mentioned that he had a close friend, but he died."

In Chuuya's slightly regretful voice, Tan Mahiru learned about the follow-up to the shipyard incident.

Lan Tang, or Rimbaud, his best friend was Verlaine who would be called the 'King of Assassins' in the future. The two had a dispute eight years ago and staged a drama of betrayal and betrayal. It was precisely because of this In an accident, Zhongye was born in the explosion of Leibo Street, and Leibo Street became the current Leibo Street.

Rimbaud believed that Verlaine died in the explosion, and Verlaine also believed so. However, since Rimbaud did not die this summer, it may be another story when Verlaine arrives in Yokohama next summer.

"So, what are your plans next?" Tan Mahiru asked.

"Study hard," Chuuya laughed with relief, "I'm not like you. Although Shirase and the others have gone to live elsewhere, I still want to know what I need to do to be called a The leader of the organization."

He has made many attempts, trying hard to shoulder the responsibility of being a powerful 'trump card', and trying hard to make everyone live a good life, but Shirase and the others obviously don't think so...

"Forget it. , stop talking about these nerve-wracking questions. Summer is coming again, are you still going to clean up Leibo Street? That guy from Xiayou has been out of contact recently, I don’t know if he’s coming yet," Zhongya touched his hand It still hurts my conscience, "If you meet him while wandering, remember to ask him if he's coming. If he comes, I won't charge him this time."

Tan Mahiru: "...It's not like he's been wandering around all the time. "

He obviously works very hard to earn money to support his family!

Chuuya: "The sentence I said is so long, don't just focus on this key point!"

The setting sun disappeared under the horizon, the cool breeze remained, but the long beach had come to an end.

"Ah, by the way," Chuuya walked straight up the steps not far away, "I never had the chance to say thank you before."

He did not look back, waved goodbye casually, and then continued on the path he chose for himself, leaving only This vague, unexplained thank you casually dispersed in the wind.

It wasn't until his figure disappeared from sight that Tan Mahiru looked away and walked up the steps on the other side. The street lights on the street were already on. Before he could get closer, he heard the familiar sound effects of the game.

"Go home."

Dazai stood up unsteadily, grabbing the game console, and the two of them embarked on the road home together.