76-80

[Chapter 76: "This is a very important basement."]

Under the soft candlelight, as the host of the banquet, Verlaine carefully introduced the meals on the table.

It was a very popular French dish, with fine ingredients and just the right taste. Even the pickiest Dazai had to admit that it was a very delicious dish.

Because it was an ordinary banquet, the atmosphere at the table was not particularly serious. Verlaine, the leader, even played a little French country music to make the atmosphere extremely relaxed. He first mentioned Yokohama in his eyes in an inconspicuous way and said that he was fond of this place. cognition, and finally asked about his views on this city.

Zhongya was wary enough about Verlaine, but he didn't think it was a topic that couldn't be discussed. He loved this city, whether it was the devastated Leibo Street or the majestic landmark buildings, whether it was the noise when the sun rose in the morning, Or the three or two o'clock stars that can only be seen late at night at five o'clock in the morning. These are all part of the city, and this city contains his past and will also cover his future.

"Love it..." Verlaine murmured in a low voice, "Then do you simply like this place, or is it because there are people you like here?"

"There is no conflict between liking this place and liking the people here."

"No," Verlaine said with great determination, "Please tell me the answer to this question, it is very important to me."

Chuuya frowned and looked sideways at Tan Mahiru and Dazai who were sitting opposite him. At the same time, the style of painting can suddenly change, making people around him become extremely serious. A hint of sharpness echoes in the crowd, but Verlaine, who has not shown any aggression in front of him, is still determined to get the answer.

Chuuya was silent for a moment and said: "To me, the land under my feet is as important as the people living on it. They are all part of my protection."

Verlaine fell silent, and his pair of blue shoes were the same as Chuuya's. The eyes emit an unreadable light in the candlelight.

"What about you?" Verlaine suddenly jumped over Tan Mahiru, who was closer to him, and turned to Dazai, "Do you also love this city?"

Dazai, who took a shallow taste, put down his knife leisurely, not facing anyone at all. The feeling of oppression that a top transcendent should have. "It depends on how you understand it?"

"I'd like to hear the details."

"For example," Dazai smiled meaningfully, "We have a friend who is capable enough, but is willing to stay in He didn't want to come out of the basement. One day the three of us accidentally smashed his basement. He seemed very angry and almost strung us up and hung us on the building of the Port Mafia headquarters. What do you think of his behavior?"

Verlaine pondered. After a moment, "Maybe this basement is something extremely important to him."

"Maybe, who knows." Dazai said specious words in a more dismissive tone, "We all know that the basement is not good enough, and it is not bright enough. It's not ventilated enough, but the reason why he doesn't want to leave may be that he thinks the basement can provide him with shelter and allow him to escape a little from things he doesn't want to face. By the way, Yokohama is probably the same to Chuuya. This basement."