Lightning Cries, a void rekindled

Pov Mei

I was fighting alongside Kiana and Bronya. Fighting like this...it reminded me of old times...back at Nagazora...when i met Kiana and bronya for the first time....heh. To think time and three years pass by a blink of an eye...and sure enough, we even met Kaylord at St.Freya...

i suddenly blink back to reality, and stab an archangel Beast who tried to take me off guard, and sliced it in half. It dropped onto my feet as i sighed, trying to get my bearings together.

Kiana:Mm? Mei? You ok?

Kiana killed off her enemy with a headhsot without looking, a trait she picked up. I noticed how her Guns were silver and shiny, probably upgraded from Kaylord. I just shake my head, trying to calm myself, and for her sake, try not to worry her.

Mei: Im fine Kiana...im just stressing myself over small details...

Kiana: are you sure? your battlesuit...um...its kind of....

she pointed at my core, and i realised it was badly damaged. The core that Kaylord worked so hard to suppress my herrescher's abilities, it was now badly damaged. I didnt even realise other me was doing it....i guess this really spelled trouble...

Mei: oh dear...

Kiana: are you hurt? we can always call on emergency Signals...

Mei: *thinking: But that will hurt our points...and ultimately our results.....*.....im fine Kiana. Dont worry about me.

I forced a smile, hoping to make her drop the subject and return to our test. She eventually did, which made me sigh. For now, the area were in didnt have any Honkai, so i decided to let bronya look into my battlesuit, since she's the next best tech-ally in the team that i can think of in this situation.

Mei: Bronya? help look at my battlesuit's core wont you? I think i broke it on accident...

Bronya, as silent and emotionless as usual, floated over to me, and started to scan my battlesuit's core.

Bronya: internal circuits are damaged...Power efficiency is 56 percent and dropping rapidly...and in turn, you are leaking more Honkai Energy. That would explain why subject Kiana, Bronya and Mei ended up fighting the most. Your...attracting Honkai to our location...

Mei: this shouldn't happen...Can you fix it? it's Kaylord's design. Surely you know how to fix it...can you?

i tried to keep the desperation out of my voice. The only reason i was able to fight sane all this time because i thought there's no way the other me could screw this...but of all times, she chose to try and break out now....My battlesuit has done a superb job so far, but it can only take so much damage from the inside...

Bronya: Scans complete. Bronya Proposes two situations: One, Like idiotka said, we retreat and finish early...

Kiana: Bronya....

she grumbles behind her, pouting and folding her arms together as she looked at the silver haired Girl. Bronya paid her no heed, as she kept talking to me

Bronya: Two, we try and Locate Kaylord as quickly as possible. If done quickly, Bronya is almost positive Subject Kaylord can fix Mei's suit, or at best, Buy her Time.

Kiana:....I mean....this fake city shouldnt be too big...besides, Adding Kaylord onto our team will increase our firepower by a ton! and besides, we all get our points collected together, and we easily graduate! i say we go with the second option!

i looked at her surprised,but then smiled. I was happy she was now more honest on her opinions now, especially when it comes to our friend. But Bronya was Hesitant.