̶(̶ ̶75 ̶)̶

K I N G S   L A N D I N G

𝕵𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖊d 𝖆𝖙 𝕭𝖆𝖊𝖑𝖆 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖊 k𝖓𝖊𝖜 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓k𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖆𝖘 𝖍𝖎𝖒 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖎𝖗 𝖊y𝖊𝖘 𝖒𝖊𝖙.

 By now they had this special connection, something Jacaerys had never felt before.

He lowered his fork and stared at his mother, who was staring at her plate, having barely eaten any of it. His gaze wandered to Daemon, who was also staring at his plate, which, unlike his wife's, was already empty. The silence was nerve-wracking and telling. Since Aemma had been gone, and especially since letters came from her whose contents Jacaerys did not know, a dark shadow had been cast over them all.

He thought about whether he should speak up, whether he should ask his mother to say what had happened, but he knew he would be biting the stones. 

If she had wanted to tell him something, she would have done it. So he decided to remain silent and keep giving his mother short, furtive glances that she didn't notice. She seemed distracted and when she stood up to leave the table, she didn't even smile at Jace like she usually did. With a stomach ache, Jace watched his mother go and when the doors fell behind her, his gaze slid to Daemon, who was staring at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Can I help you, young prince?"

Young prince. He knew Daemon liked to use that term when he wanted to provoke him. A look at Baela told him that she wasn't enthusiastic about it either. Rhaena instead looked uneasy and nervous while Joffrey bit his lip. Aegon and Viserys weren't there, and that was a good thing.

"What happened?"

Daemon raised his eyebrow. "What do you mean?" He leaned back and regarded Jace with a look that made it clear he knew exactly what he meant. He hated that about Daemon. That constant challenging manner.