̶(̶ ̶1̶2̶ ̶)̶

D R A G O N S T O N E

"𝕽𝖍𝖆𝖊𝖓𝖞𝖗𝖆, 𝖜𝖊 𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖉 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓."

Her dragon. It was like a slap in the face. It didn't come as a surprise, and yet it hit her. Hard and without mercy.

"No."

"Every dragon will help us get closer to the throne."

Fuck the throne, Rhaenyra wanted to say.

She was tired. The last few days had been exhausting and nerve-wracking. The miscarriage, the death of her beloved father, and the capture of Lucerys had driven her to the brink of despair. Alicent's letter and her ultimatum had been the final straw. Her betrayal had broken her heart. But in a moment of calm, she had wondered if it really came as a surprise. The years of resentment and dislike should have taught her better. And yet she had held on to that ridiculous friendship. To those moments between them. Alicent had once meant the world to her. She had been more than a friend. A soul mate, her pillar of support. But now she knew Alicent had never been that.

She finally saw who Alicent was. She was her enemy.

"I said no. He's way too young."

"He's old enough." Why didn't Daemon let up. Rhaenyra looked at him angrily. He returned her gaze.

"He is Aemma's dragon. He will not accept another rider."

"It's uncharacteristic but a dragon can have multiple riders. If Aemma is..." He stopped.

"If Aemma is what? Say it, Daemon, I dare you."

"What Daemon says is not wrong, Rhaenyra," Rhaenys objected. She interrupted the conversation that was slowly turning into an argument. Her grand cousin was standing next to Daemon, a strange sight. She knew that Rhaenys detested Daemon's manner. She always had. Rumor had it she was even against him marrying Laena. "Take it from someone who lost both her children." There was that undertone of blame in her voice but Rhaenys had not heard her speak of the accusation that Rhaenyra had murdered her son since she had chosen Rhaenyra's side. "It is more likely that Aemma is dead than that she is alive."