̶(̶ ̶3̶6̶ ̶)̶ PART ONE

K I N G S    L A N D I N G

𝕬𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝕽𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖆 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒. 

The rough hand on her skin, gently brushing her hair out of her face. She nestled against it, longing for it's tenderness, breathing in the familiar scent of cinnamon and wine. She frowned slightly, confused as to how she knew the smell, why it seemed so familiar to her, before the scales fell from her eyes. She opened her eyes and stared into Aegon's blue pair, which looked sadly down at her. She sucked in air through her nose and scooted to the head of her bed as quickly as she could, clutching the blanket to her body.

"A-Aegon?" she stuttered in confusion as the king looked at her motionless. His hand lingered where he had stroked her, where her head had been. He stared at her and didn't say a word. It was a scary situation and Rose looked around. She was alone with him. What was he doing in her rooms?

She placed a hand on her stomach as if she needed to protect him or her from danger, but Aegon was no danger. Or?

"Even when you're sleeping, you're beautiful," Aegon stated and Rose's eyebrows furrowed. She didn't know how to answer that. Where was Aemond? Why was she alone? She looked to his side of the bed. It was completely untouched. After her return, they had not been intimate with each other, but he had still given her closeness and she had fallen asleep in his arms every evening, protected and sheltered.

"Tomorrow would be Jaehaerys' name day," Aegon suddenly said, his sad voice and the fact that his son would not live to see this day giving her a pang in her heart. "I didn't have a present yet. I was too busy with my own problems," Aegon admitted. "I'm probably the worst father ever."

Rose shook her head and reached for Aegon's hand, which still lingered in the air. His hand was cold, unlike Aemond's hand which was always warm. While Aemond's hand was rough from the many practice fights with the sword, Aegon's hands were soft.