̶(̶ ̶73 ̶)̶ PART TWO

H A R R E N H A L

A𝖊𝖒𝖒𝖆 𝖍𝖆d 𝖆𝖑𝖗𝖊𝖆dy 𝖔v𝖊𝖗𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖒𝖆𝖓y 𝖚𝖓𝖕𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖙, 𝖍𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖙𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊.

She could proudly say that she was a survivor. She had never let anything get her down and always fought for what she wanted, but this time she felt this paralyzing fear, the crushing desperation that gripped her body and wouldn't let go. The more she thought, the more desperation grew and the more perplexed she became.

Her mother's written words were burned into her head and tormented her without mercy. Did her mother really think she would betray her? That she had switched sides? What had Addam said to her when he landed in King's Landing? What had Jacaerys said? Was she seen as a traitor and her absence was proof enough for her mother? Aemma gripped her necklace so hard her fingernails dug into her skin. She tried to calm down and think rationally, but every second she thought about her mother's letter was a second more filled with fear.

Aemma stared at the dragons in the dragon pit before her. It wasn't a real dragon pit, but it was place where dragons liked to hang out.

To everyone's surprise, Vermithor had remained at Harrenhal, with most of the wild dragons returning to Dragonstone through their ties to House Targaryen. Beside him slept Vhagar and Sunfrye, who had been completely disfigured since the battle with Princess Rhaeny's dragon. The beautiful dragon had several wounds and an injured wing, and Aemma doubted it would ever recover.

She used to always be afraid around dragons. Now she longed for their presence.

For a brief moment her thoughts wandered to Marax and Arrax. She wondered how big the dragons would have gotten if they were still alive. Would they one day have become as big as Vhagar? As strong as Vermithor? As wild as Cannibal? She would never know, and neither would the men after her. This war had brought so many victims and the only thing she longed for was for it to finally end.