̶(̶ ̶1̶1̶ ̶)̶

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

"𝕴 𝖈𝖆𝖓'𝖙 𝖑𝖊𝖙 𝕽𝖍𝖆𝖊𝖓𝖞𝖗𝖆 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖉,"𝕬𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖉 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖒𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖆𝖞, 𝖘𝖔𝖋𝖙𝖑𝖞, 𝖉𝖊𝖏𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖊𝖝𝖍𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉

Her voice was weak. But she wasn't. His mother was the strongest woman Aemond knew. Sacrificing her youth for the crown, always dutiful and always righteous, she had been a great support to the kingdom. Unlike his half-sister, who only did what she wanted. Took what she didn't deserve.

"Rhaenyra is aware of the consequences of her actions, my dear child. It's not your responsibility to protect her."

"Is she? I'm not sure. From her point of view, we have stolen something from her. That letter, was it a good idea?"

Even though Aemond had nothing but bitter feelings for Rhaenyra, Aemond understood his half-sister to some extent. Even if he was convinced that she was not entitled to the throne, he still understood her situation. His father had appointed Rhaenyra as heir to the throne and had never deviated from it. And on the evening of his death, after he had even defended Rhaenyra's position at court by preferring his nephew, a bastard without any doubt, to someone who stood before him in birthright, the truth tasted bitter. But Aemond believed his mother. Probably, shortly before his death, his father had a clear flash of insight that showed him that his decision to name his daughter as heir to the throne not only broke the law, but also threatened to split the kingdoms.

"It is the final warning. Either Rhaenyra accepts Aegon as the rightful ruler or her absence will be seen as rebellion. Even if it's just stubborn behavior on her part, enemies of the crown, will see her lack of acceptance as justification to take up arms against Aegon."

"Rhaenyra's pride is hurt but she will not risk the downfall of this realm."

"That's very naive thinking, Alicent. Rhaenyra would be willing to sacrifice anything and everything for the throne. The moment you show weakness," Otto warned, "she will take everything from you. Take everything from us. And don't forget who is standing by her side. Daemon has proven that he thirsts for blood and war. Are the lives of your children so unimportant to you?"