̶(̶ ̶0̶8̶ ̶)̶

 K I N G S  L A N D I N G

𝕯𝖞𝖆𝖓𝖆'𝖘 𝖋𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖞 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖉 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖊𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖘 𝖆 𝖒𝖆𝖎𝖉 𝖆𝖙 𝕽𝖊𝖉 𝕶𝖊𝖊𝖕.

Normally, this was only achieved through family connections and recommendations, but Dyana had managed to be accepted as a maid at the castle through her persistence and dedication. At first she had been assigned to do the legwork and the due diligence like washing the clothes, cleaning or shopping for the kitchen, but she had managed within a very short time to become Helena's and Aegon Targaryen's maid. She was mainly involved with looking after the children and the Targaryen couple's household, and it had made her feel important. After all, she had risen from a nobody, a street girl, to a handmaiden of a Targaryen princess. Men and women who had treated her with disrespect in her old home had spoken the highest praises of her when she had delivered the first coins to her parents. Dyana, the girl who brought honor to her family.

And then Aegon happened.

Dyana had secretly a crush on Aegon. She found him attractive and he had complimented her on her hair over and over again. Dyana had longed for the moments with him. She knew what the other maids thought of him. That Aegon had molested them and that he was dangerous to a girl's honor if left alone with them, but he had always treated Dyana respectfully. What a stupid simple-minded thing she had been.

Aegon Targaryen had violated her and the Queen had given her a bag of coins as compensation. As if coins could change anything about the fact that the prince had wronged her. Then she had made her drink a Moon Tea. The humiliation could hardly have been deeper. But the worst part was not the humiliation or the experience itself, but the fear that plagued her every day and night that it could happen again. The other girls had little sympathy for her, mainly because Dyana had always defended Aegon. Although Dyana was not allowed to talk about the event, everyone still knew. Mainly the women who knew the expression in Dyana's eyes. Mainly because they saw the same expression every morning in the water when they washed their faces.