̶(̶ ̶2̶4̶ ̶)̶ PART ONE

D R A G O N S T O N E

𝕯𝖆𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓 𝕿𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖆𝖗𝖞𝖊𝖓 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖒𝖆𝖓𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘. 𝖀𝖓𝖗𝖚𝖑𝖞, 𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖓, 𝖆𝖌𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖔𝖙-𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖉.

But he was no fool.

He knew what a danger the girl, who was without a doubt, Aemma Velaryon, posed. She had grown up among the Greens, had served them, and was the mistress of Aemond Targaryen. She had a closer connection to them than to her mother's side, but still, even he held that Rose had to learn that her place was here.

Marax had been a useless dragon without Aemma. Neither had he obeyed, nor had he let anyone ride him. But with the return of Rhaenyra's daughter, everything had changed.

And she was Rhaenyra's daughter.

She had the birthmark on her belly button. She had the visual resemblance and she could ride Aemma's dragon. A dragon could imprint on several riders, but never before had it happened that a dragon had several riders at the same time. Of course, one could now claim that Rose was just a coincidence and Aemma was already dead, but then the birthmark still spoke for her.

Rose Flowers was Aemma Velaryon and Daemon would do anything to make sure that Rhaenyra not only had her daughter back physically, but also emotionally. She would be a great support in this war. She knew the Greens, would make a good spy, and would also be a dragon rider. Marax was the strongest of the young dragons. Of course, he wouldn't stand a chance against Sunfrye or Vhagar, but he would be dangerous. Very dangerous.

But first he would have to get Rose on their side. Make her trust them. Get her to stand up to the Greens. He had to admit, he had no idea how to do that yet, but he would pursue that plan.

"You sent for me, Father," he heard Baela say, and he looked up. Baela looked more like her mother every day and the memory of Laena hurt. He had loved her. He had not been in love with her, but he had not been unhappy with her. She had not been Rhaenyra, he had not been able to feel for her what he felt and had felt for Rhaenyra, but she had meant something to him.