̶(̶ ̶29 ̶)̶ PART ONE

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

𝕬𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖎𝖉𝖓'𝖙 𝖍𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖙𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝕾𝖊𝖗 𝕮𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖓 𝕮𝖔𝖑𝖊 𝖈𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖒𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖓𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌. 

He grabbed the man by the collar and pulled him close. Cole looked at him confused for a moment until a knowing look crossed his face. He knew immediately.

"You dare disobey my orders?" hissed Aemond.

"You didn't order me to keep quiet about it. The plan was different, my prince."

"The correct address is, your Grace, Ser Criston. I am Prince Regent and you have given information that you were not entitled to without my permission. It could be considered treason. Are you a traitor, Cole?"

"I would never betray you. I ask for forgiveness, your Grace," Ser Criston began quietly and tried to pull away, but Aemond's grip tightened, so he quickly gave up. "But I only had good things in mind. The girl was with Rhaenyra Targaryen. Our enemy. Either she is loyal to her or she has heard things that could be useful to us."

"She didn't hear anything, Criston," Aemond defended. "She told me everything."

"And you believe her?"

"There is nothing to prove otherwise."

"Then let her be taken to the dungeon. They will question her there and-"

Before Ser Criston could continue, Aemond had pushed him against the wall behind him and the man groaned painfully. Aemond's hand went to the man's neck, who looked at him with wide eyes.

He suggested putting a pregnant woman in the dungeon? To interrogate them, whatever torture meant. His pregnant wife?

"If you ever speak of this again, even hint at something like that, I will rip out your tongue and offer it to Vhagar as a snack, understand?"