̶(̶ ̶74 ̶)̶

H A R R E N H A L

𝕵𝖆𝖊𝖍𝖆𝖊𝖗𝖆 T𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖆𝖗y𝖊𝖓 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖆𝖌𝖊 𝖆𝖘 A𝖊𝖒𝖒𝖆 V𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖗y𝖔𝖓 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖘𝖍𝖊 d𝖎𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖉.

Aemma watched the young girl as she randomly plucked small dandelions from the ground and scattered the flowers everywhere. Dandelions were one of the most beautiful flowers in Aemma's opinion and one of the most delicate. As soon as they were exposed to a gust of wind, they lost all their flowers. Each flower consisted of many small flowers. Each small flower became a seed with a small plume so that the wind could carry it away. As she stared at that dandelion in Jaehaera's little hands, she wondered if she ended up connecting more with the flower than she let on.

Sometimes her whole world felt like it only needed a small gust of wind to collapse.

She wondered if the same was true for Jaehaera. Since Aegon left, she no longer smiled and instead of running around like a joyful child, she spent her time sitting quietly and staring into space. Although Jaehaera still had her mother and father, she was affected by Blood and Cheese and the loss of her twin brother. She had endured more than any child should ever endure and Aemma couldn't help but feel deep pity for her.

For a moment she was ashamed that she dared to be sad in the presence of this child, but sometimes Aemma allowed herself to be selfish and this moment was one of those. 

Aemma would have to be lying if she said she didn't know how many days had passed in which she had to live in uncertainty. More than two weeks had already passed and when Aemma couldn't stand the uncertainty any longer and wrote a second letter, it too remained unanswered.

"You look tired," Helaena said suddenly, and when Aemma turned her head to her aunt, she found that Helaena wasn't looking at her. Instead, she stared at her embroidery, which she had been working on for weeks.