̶(̶ ̶62 ̶)̶

H A R R E N H A L 

A𝖊𝖌𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖓 𝖇𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖏𝖔y 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖊𝖓.

A joy that Aemond did not share. He had successfully chased Aegon out of Aemma's room without waking her and watched his brother munch on half a venison and drink wine. He had put on weight during his time in Essos, Aemond realized. He wasn't fat, but if he kept up the pace, it wouldn't last long.

"Did you travel here alone, Aegon?" Aemond asked casually, and Aegon looked at him with a raised eyebrow, his lips still lingering on the wine-filled cup. "Lord Lary's men brought me here, why?"

Aemond tried to look as impassive as possible.

"Didn't he want to stay here? This is his castle, after all."

"He'll try to free mother and sister. I can reassure you, he'll be here soon." Aegon leaned forward slightly and looked at Aemond suspiciously. "Do you like men now or why do you miss him so much?"

Aemond preferred to remain silent, for another word from him would also mean another word from Aegon and no one would stand for that.

Although he didn't believe Aemma's accusations, they still hung hovering over his head and no matter how hard he tried to forget them, they kept coming back.

Could anyone really have such a strange imagination? She would have to know that her lie would come out quickly. But Aemond had not forgotten what Lord Larys was capable of. This man was poison. A scorpion that tortured its victims before eating them. Strangely, he had always sought Aemond's presence and more than once he wondered what was going on in the man's foggy head.

"Daeron, more wine," Aegon said and held out his cup to his youngest brother. Daeron reached for it, but before he could reach the cup, Aemond grabbed his arm and held him back.