̶(̶ ̶60 ̶)̶

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

𝕽𝖍𝖆𝖊𝖓y𝖗𝖆 𝖗𝖆𝖓 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍 𝕵𝖔𝖋𝖋𝖗𝖊y'𝖘 𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖑y 𝖍𝖆𝖎𝖗.

She watched her son as his head lay on her lap and his eyes closed in pleasure.

The sight of him triggered different feelings in her. On the one hand, she was happy to have him with her, to see him healthy and protected, but on the other hand, the sight of him tormented her.

Joffrey was the spitting image of Lucerys at his age. It was frightening how similar they looked. The memory of her innocent boy still stung her heart and Rhaenyra was sure she would never get over the loss.

"Mommy...," Joffrey began and Rhaenyra looked down at him with a smile.

"Yes, my sweet boy?"

"I miss Aemma and Aegon," he confessed, looking at her. The smile left her lips and Rhaenyra had to take a deep breath as fear gripped her. She tried not to let it show and continued to stroke his curly hair. "Aegon used to play with me and Aemma used to read to me, even if she was quite slow."

A laugh escaped Rhaenyra, but it was not a happy one. The memory of Aemma sitting in a corner on Dragonstone with Aegon and Viserys on her lap while Joffrey sat beside her was one of the most beautiful things she had ever seen as a mother, and it made her feel desperate. Her two children were trapped and in danger and she couldn't do anything without putting them both in danger. She would prefer to take Syrax and burn Harrenhal to the ground, but that would also mean losing her children.

Daemon was gone and she knew he was working to destroy Harrenhal without putting the children in danger. It was no easy task and her hands were tied. The only thing she had left was the hope that she would soon be able to hold her children in her arms again.