̶(̶ ̶3̶4̶ ̶)̶

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

𝕽𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖉 𝖇𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖙𝖎𝖗𝖊𝖉𝖑𝖞 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖔𝖔𝖐 𝖎𝖓 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖔𝖓 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖑𝖆𝖕.

By now, there wasn't a second in her life when she didn't long to pick up a book. It was fascinating and exciting and she couldn't wait to read the next book to learn more. She still wasn't a fast reader, but she had proven to be a smart student, something she was proud of.

She stared contentedly into the fire of the fireplace. It was a rainy, cold day and she was glad to be in the warmth of her chambers protected from the commotion of nature. Others did not share this happiness and Rose felt nothing but gratitude. She stroked her belly. She could hardly wait to hold the little creature inside her in her arms and read it all the stories that were denied to her as a child. She thought back to her mother, who also could not read. She wondered if she had also read to her.

The world of books was fascinating and people's imagination unlimited. She was shocked by how much she could learn. Especially things she had never heard of before. She would probably spend the whole day here while Aemond did political and war-related things. She did not mind. At this moment there was nothing better than reading these books for her.

Rose was about to get up to get a cup of water when she suddenly noticed a strangeness in the fire.

She frowned, squinted her eyes for a moment, only to see it again. No, she was not mistaken. There was something there. The fire grew restless and began to reach out its flames for her. Then suddenly it was there.

Rhaenyra Targaryen, looking out at her through the flames. Her face was tired, exhausted, but her eyes were as she remembered. Expressive and captivating. She stood there like a true Targaryen Queen. Majestic and as if she were the most powerful individual in this world.

Then suddenly everything happened quickly. The fire engulfed her and Rhaenyra began to burn. Her whole body burned and Rose winced. The sight was terrifying and without thinking, she reached into the fire only to scream and pull her hand back. She looked at the red spot on her aching hand where the fire had touched it. She had no idea why she had reached into the fire, she only knew that she wanted to help Rhaenyra. Then she looked back into the fire and suddenly Rhaenyra was no longer standing alone. At first she thought her eyes were deceiving her, but then it became clear. Rose was burning next to her. She jumped up, the book falling carelessly to the floor and she stared stunned into the fire. Her own eyes followed her and Rose began to tremble all over.