̶(̶ ̶0̶9̶ ̶)̶

S O M E W H E R E

"𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖊𝖞𝖊𝖘, 𝕽𝖔𝖘𝖊."

Rose wondered how he knew hers were closed. He sat behind her.

She clawed harder into the saddle as Vhagar flew even higher.

"I think it's safer this way," Rose replied. She heard Aemond laughing behind her, her fear amusing him, how nice.

He said nothing more, instead he wrapped his arm around her body, even tighter than before, and pressed her against him. A tingling sensation ran through Rose. She felt safe in his arms. Safe. He had promised her that he would protect her.

Tentatively, Rose opened one eye and immediately closed it again.

She would die. Her body would hit the ground, shatter, and break into a thousand pieces. She bit her lip. She should have refused. Cry, she should have cried, thrown herself on the floor and pressed herself so hard on it that not even ten horses could have moved her.

But now she was here, on Vhagar's back, the biggest dragon in the world, wondering if she was tired of living.

"Open your eyes, Rose!" it was worded like a command, but Rose knew he would not force her. Aemond's lips were right next to her ear, and he held her to him so tightly that she was sure his grip was the only reason she hadn't died yet.  "You're missing out on the best part."

"I don't think I can do it," Rose doubted.

"Trust yourself. I'm holding you. Open your eyes."

And she opened her eyes. One by one.

Sunlight blinded her, cold air fluttered around her long lashes, and the harsh vapor of the clouds burned her eyes.

Sunlight streamed through the cracks in the clouds and the ground below them, the houses, the horses, the people, everything seemed so small and tiny.