̶(̶ ̶51 ̶)̶ PART ONE

K I N G S   L A N D I N G

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝕺𝖙𝖙𝖔 𝕳𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗'𝖘, 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖊𝖗 𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖚𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖕𝖊𝖗, 𝖊𝖝𝖊𝖈𝖚𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖆 𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖆𝖈𝖑𝖊

Hundreds, perhaps even thousands, had gathered in the marketplace in front of the ruined Dragonpit to cheer his execution, as if they had not been celebrating his name and that of their king a week earlier.

But the Smallfolk was quick to liven up and their judgment merciless.

Aemma watched as Alicent was forced to watch what happened to her father, just as she had suggested. During the night she had been ashamed of her suggestion, in the morning the old hatred had arisen when she had to look Alicent in the eyes again, and she knew that it had been the right decision. She deserved it.

There were other Greens standing next to her, but Aemma was relieved that Helaena was nowhere to be seen. Rhaenyra had always had a soft spot for her half-sister and that hadn't changed. After all, Helaena, like all of them, was a victim of Otto and Alicent's intrigues and betrayals.

Aemma felt no pity as Otto's head rolled first and Alicent's wails rang throughout the courtyard. She watched her mother's cold eyes as they followed Otto's head and Daemon's satisfied expression. Daemon himself had carried out Otto's execution. As his sword 'Dark Sister' effortlessly severed Otto's head, Daemon watched with pure joy as Otto's head rolled towards his wife.

Aemma let her gaze wander further to Cassandra Baratheon, who was standing next to Alicent, staring in shock at Otto's corpse. Aemma looked at her stomach and felt a pang in her heart as she recognized the familiar curves. It was now clear to see that she was pregnant. She pushed the thought of Visenya away as quickly as she could, but she couldn't avoid being briefly reminded of her own happiness until it was taken away from her.

Cassandra was carrying Aemond's child and she ignored the familiar feeling of jealousy that came over her. She had nothing to do with Aemond anymore. The man was dead to her, at least as far as her head was concerned, but her heart didn't seem to agree.