28| You again?

Tiffany's POV

Once again, I was in front of Carlos's door. I remembered the time that he cried in my arms and that was enough for me to believe that he had a little bit of trust in me. Not a lot of trust, but just a little. 

"What do you want?" he said. He was wearing plaid pajama pants and a black sweatshirt. 

"Lets talk," I said, "I'm worried about Tristan and I can tell you are too." 

"How would you know?" he said. 

"Isn't it obvious?" I said, "You two have been hanging out lately. I've seen him run to your school after our school ends." 

He looked behind him and opened the door fully. I took off my shoes and play them on the floor after stepping inside. 

"It's my fault of you haven't realized already," I said, "I pressed him, he was failing science and I knew that if anyone else knew, his life would've been a living hell." 

"Right," he said, "Grades were everything and I guess they still are." 

"Yeah," I said, "If he didn't get his grade up before the end of the marking period, he'd be expelled and humiliated." 

"Why was he even failing in the first place?" he asked, "Do you even know?" 

"I guess after our friend group went corrupt we all sort of went insane," I said, "I think Tristan suffered the most." 

"But why?" he asked, "You all contributed towards it." 

"I guess the regret affected him the most," I said, "The rest of us all just sort of 'forgot' about it." 

"Lets go upstairs, yeah?" said Carlos. 

I followed him upstair and I could hear his heart thumping against his chest as we sat down on his bed. He was shaking and I could tell that he was definitely scared of me. 

"Has Tristan mentioned me in any sort of way?" I asked. 

"He cares about you," he said, "Whenever I bring you up he just says that you're not to blame and that it's all his fault." 

I felt horrible. I was going to expose Tristans past to Stephanie out of anger but now, I honestly just wanted Tristan to go back to normal. I wanted Tristan to be okay. 

Ding! Someone had texted me. I took my phone out of my pocket and it was some unknown number. 

I opened it, Hey, it's Stephanie! When should we meet? I want to know more about Tristan.

"Do you need to go, Tiffany?" Carlos asked. I could tell that he wanted me out of his house but let me in to be nice. 

"Yeah," I said, "My mom needs me. Bye, Carlos." 

He waved goodbye and I left. I couldn't just tell Stephanie 'never mind, I don't want to expose my best friend anymore' but that would be rude considering I already told her that I would tell her about Tristan. 

What had I gotten myself into?