15| Redefined

Carlos's POV

"Shovel," the principal said while handing me a shovel, "You seem to be good at it." 

Even though school was over, the principal decided I would be the only person to shovel. Not the detention students, not people that actually deserved to spend time in the freezing cold shoveling, he chose me to shovel. 

So, I shoveled for about fifteen minutes and the front door was clear of any snow in about no time. Students wouldn't have to cram themselves through the backdoor for some time! Unless a snow storm hit overnight, that would put all my efforts to waste. 

"Wait!" the principal called out, "Your exempt from a class of your choice for a study hall." 

"Physical education," I said, slinging my bag on. I didn't really need gym class because I do a bunch of training at home. 

"Very well," he responded, "Go home safely." 

At home, I just laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I had no homework because I had already finished all of it during my breaks. 

DING DONG! 

I jumped out of bed and walked downstairs. I assumed that it was someone visiting my father and my mother was at the nail salon with her friends. 

I looked through the keyhole. Father told me to be cautious when answering the door because there could be an unexpected visitor. 

Through the keyhole, I saw Tristan. He was holding an envelope and kept taking a step back but then stepping forward as if he didn't know if he wanted to do whatever he was about to do. 

I opened the door and Tristan looked like his heart stopped for a second. He shoved the envelope to my chest, "Please accept this!" 

"What is this? A love confession?" I joked, opening the envelope. 

Inside the envelope was a bunch of small white flowers, the same ones he used to taunt me with. I remembering opening my backpack and finding a bunch of them dead and the petals causing a huge mess. Sometimes, I would open my locker and a bunch of them would just fall out and teachers would yell at me for making such a mess. 

The flowers in the envelope were very much alive. The ones he would usually give me were dead and left excess oil all over my notebook pages but the flowers in the envelope were freshly picked smelled great. 

"Whats this for?" I laughed, "I'm a little confused." 

"Last year when we attended the same school," he began, "Remember these?" 

"Of course," I said, "How could I forget?"

He nodded his head and ran off. Inside the envelope was a piece of folded paper. I unfolded it and went to the living room. There was my father staring out our humongous windows. 

"What you got there, son?" he said, eyeing my envelope. 

"Something that you'll never receive, flowers," I teased. 

"From Stephanie? She'd make a great wife and edition to your missions," he said. 

I rolled my eyes and opened the piece of paper. 

𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝒞𝒶𝓇𝓁𝑜𝓈,

𝒟𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓇𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓈𝑒 𝒻𝓁𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇𝓈? 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓎'𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓈 𝐼 𝓊𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒶𝓊𝓃𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽. 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈𝓃'𝓉 𝒶𝓃 𝒶𝓅𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓎 𝓃𝑜𝓉𝑒, 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓈𝑜𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉.

 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹, 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓈𝑒 𝒻𝓁𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓅 𝒶 𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝓂𝑒𝒶𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔, 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉𝓈 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓁𝒾𝒸𝒾𝑜𝓊𝓈. 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝒶𝒸𝓉𝓊𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒶 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓃𝑜𝓉𝑒. 

𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒽𝑒𝓁𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝑒 𝒸𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝓊𝓅 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓈. 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓇𝓃 𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓂𝑒. 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀 𝓎𝑜𝓊, 𝒞𝒶𝓇𝓁𝑜𝓈. 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒾𝓈 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓁𝓎 𝓈𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇 𝓅𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓉𝒾𝒸, 𝐼 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒾𝓉. 𝑅𝒾𝓅 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓅𝑒𝓇 𝓊𝓅, 𝒷𝓊𝓇𝓃 𝒾𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝐼 𝒷𝓊𝓇𝓃𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊, 𝒹𝑜 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇. 𝐵𝓊𝓉, 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝒸𝓉𝓊𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈, 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 𝐼'𝓂 𝓈𝑜𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀𝓎𝑜𝓊. 

-𝒯𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃

Tristan had self esteem issues. I could see that ever since we started talking to each other again but I honestly, I pitied him. Tristan had fallen into a hole and had no idea how to get out.