14| Tears and Flowers

Tristan's POV

By now, I was in the middle of nowhere relying on a portable charger and my bike. I wondered what Carlos thought about me escaping through my window because the front door was locked from the inside, which makes no sense and he probably knew that. 

I got off my bike and sat down on a bench. I was at some park and needed to think of what I was going to do. 

Maybe running away was a bad idea, I thought. I had never ran away before but I didn't know what to do with myself. Carlos wasn't the only person I bullied in that school, my little friend group hated almost everyone! Though, Carlos was the one we bullied the most. The burning and locking into closets, it was my fault for going along with it. 

Hinata had sent me a message actually. He explained how it wasn't any of our individual faults and to just forget about it. Apparently, he thought I was acting off and thought it was because of what we did to Carlos. 

I called Stephanie pathetic though, I hadn't changed! I degraded her in the car, the words just slipped out of my mouth! But of course, that's not a valid excuse. 

It's not like I was bullied in the past though. I used to have a lot of good friends actually. My family loves me and I was a decent person in middle school. The second I stepped into high school, I drifted away from my middle school friends and became friends with Tiffany, Hinata, and Brooke. They were a bad influence but I guess it was my fault for not realizing that at the time. 

"This is for you mister," a little girl said, handing me a bunch of small flowers. 

I took them and tried to give her a smile but for some reason, I felt like I wasn't smiling, just making a really awkward face. 

I pursed my lips and put my head down, I thought I had changed but I called Stephanie a poor girl and pathetic, that was enough to tell me I hadn't actually changed. 

"Why aren't you happy mister?" she said, trying to get her little body on the bench to sit next to me, "My mama says that if someone is not happy, you should try to cheer them up!"

"You're mama's very smart for telling you that," I said, "You're also very smart for listening." 

I managed to chuckle a little bit but if I talked anymore, I would pathetically cry. 

She managed to get herself up on the bench and started humming. 

"You should go back to your friends, I'm going to leave in a few minutes anyway," I said. 

"Okay, mister!" she said, jumping off the bench, "Bye bye!"

I looked at the small white flowers in my hand, they were the same ones I used to throw in Carlos's backpack since they were easy to find and were everywhere. I would put them in his locker and drawstring bag and I could tell he hated those flowers since the pedals would fall off and leave a mess that he had to clean up. 

Now, I was going to give those flowers a meaning other than maliciousness.