𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐:𝓗𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓽

When we arrived at the condo, Gemini went with us to the unit because Amara was sleeping soundly on his shoulder.

"Just lay her down here."

He slowly laid Amara on the bed to keep her asleep.

"Good night, daddy." Avery kissed me, "Goodnight, Uncle Gemini." Avery gave him a warming hug.

"Good night, baby." I smile.

Avery stood next to Amara and hugged her so they could sleep together.

I led the way to Gemini to take him to the outside of the condominium.

When I reached the exit of the condominium, I stopped and said, "Thank you for today."

He turned to me and smiled, "Can we... Let's go back to Phuket together?"

"Maybe I won't be able to get back to Phuket tomorrow, you can go first - there's no one to look after the two." I refused.

"Then... Can I..." He hesitated to continue what he was saying.

I'm waiting for him to answer.

"Nothing." He smiled and shook his head.

"Okay." I nod with a grin, "Be careful on the road."

He slowly turned around and stepped away to me, I feel like he wants to say something but he's hesitant to speak.

Gemini started to walk towards the sliding door, I thought he was going to leave when the sliding door opened automatically, but he suddenly turned around and walked towards me.

"Can I ask Avery and Amara out tomorrow?" He asked shyly.

I was surprised and stunned that's why I couldn't answer his question, I was still thinking twice about his question,

'Is it okay for him to be with his children without his knowing? What if Gemini asks them something and Amara mentions something she shouldn't? I don't want the kids to get close to him.'

"I'm sorry, I can't."

"Why?"

"Because... Because..."

I was thinking of an excuse to him but it was interrupted by someone calling me, I immediately answered it by appearing to me as my mom's call.

"Mom?" I answered the call.

"Hello." a woman's polite voice.

While I was listening to the woman talking over the phone, my eyes widened after hearing what she said unpleasantly.

I begged Dunk to take care of Avery and Amara at the condominium where I went to see my mom.

Gemini parked his car in front of our house and I caught my mom on the road fighting and yelling at one of our neighbors.

"Mom." I spoke calmly, I approached her and pulled her away. I can smell the strong alcohol coming from her.

"Bastard! Let me go!" He yelled at me and started to panic.

"Fourth! Tell your mother! Don't let her gamble if she doesn't want to lose, she's not the one who's causing trouble here!" The old woman shouted at me full of anger.

"I'm sorry." I'm the one who apologizes.

My mom who was not in her senses, "Mom, are you drunk?"

"Why do you care?" His pronunciation is harsh.

She was staring at me evilly as if she was cursing me, but when she noticed Gemini, the wind suddenly changed.

He looked at Gemini from head to toe as if he was planning something.