36. I don't understand

Jungwon lost track of time.

The therapy continues and so does the mundane routine, almost as if he were in some boarding school or juvenile detention centre. He laughed at the face of the absurdity but when it became normal it him, it was no longer funny and so he thought he might have lost himself at this point - but funnily enough - he didn't.

"I'm actually gonna punch that counsellor the next time that bitch opens her-" Sunchae squeezes the wet plate in her hand, Jungwon and Yunlin stare at her with concern as they continue to rub their sponge over the platers in a circular motion.

She chuckles at turns on the facet to clean her hands of the dish soap. "I wonder what it's like being like you, Yunlin," she sighs, and Yunlin purses his lips, "like all calm and stuff," gesturing her plate to Yunlin, he shrugs and rinses the plate.

"I've already had my time to get angry let's just say," He mutters quietly under his breath and Jungwon spares him a quick smile to which he returns though it's evident how much of a struggle it is for him - even now.

"Oh right," Sunchae bites her tongue and looks away. "My bad," she reaches over and tries to ruffle Yunlin's hair, but he scrunches his nose and looks away, holding her wrist before it reaches him.

"Not with that hand," Yunlin states disgustedly and Sunchae shrugs. "But you don't have to be sorry about it; it's been so long now; shouldn't I be over it by now?"

"Don't you remember what you told me the first day we came here?" Jungwon suddenly asks and Yunlin furrows his brows, "It was something like don't change your heart or mind because that's the only way we'll win, right?"

He looks around and sighs. "You told me that after I said I still loved my boyfriend and after you told me what happened with you," Jungwon reaches over for the cloth and begins drying their plates.

"I guess I did but..." Yunlin set down his plate and walked over to the towel, drying his hands and air-waving them as he left the kitchen, "I'm gonna go clean up our room, okay?"

The two nod at him and once he's gone, Sunchae widens his eyes at Jungwon who's beat red at his failed attempt.

"Don't worry, he'll be okay." Sunchae smiles weakly and pats Jungwon's shoulder before switching off the faucet and drying off the rest of their dishes, "go on after him then,"

Jungwon quickly nods but before sprinting after Yunlin he stops and gives a cheesy grin Sunchae, "Thank you,"

She waves the cloth at him and gushes, "Save that for later, Won, go save emo muckbroody from death!"

"Emo muckbroody-" Jungwon shakes his head, "Never mind I'm just gonna take my leave."

▬▬▬▬▬▬

Saturday rolled around soon enough, which meant the patients could go out in groups instead of staying cooped up in the grand building. It was pretty amusing and fun at first but just like any large building, that soon gets old once you've discovered everything so every Saturday if everyone took the therapy well enough they would be able to go outside.