34. Realise

▬▬▬▬▬▬

Morning spills over his curtains and seeps through into his room, the sun now beaming against Jay's face. He quickly jolts awake when he realises what day it is. Jungwon is leaving today.

Scrambling onto his feet, Jay fumbles around as he attempts to draw his curtains aside and looks frantically around his room for the rope he uses quiet frequently as of now.

Jay runs his fingers frantically through his hair, messing it up more than it already was – remember he just leapt out of bed. There's nothing he can do, all except one thing, one stupid, horribly dumb thing but he can't give up on Jungwon. He promised him and he's not gonna let him go, not until there's literally nothing he can do.

Throwing on his clothes, Jay quickly climbs out of his room and begins running with full force all the way to Jungwon's house. He didn't care that it was 8:00 in the morning, he didn't care that he hadn't eaten anything, he didn't care about getting caught – all he cared about was saving his Jungwon.

Quickly, he leans over to catch his breath, his eyes burn under the unrelenting gaze of the sun but all of that is futile in comparison to what danger he's going to put himself through. His heart lurches in his chest when he spots Jungwon's parents sleek white car's boot open with a large blue suitcase, but it seems they still haven't left yet.

Jay's breath quickens and his heart practically beats out of his chest the moment he finds himself reaching to ring Jungwon's doorbell. He knows what he's doing would probably send him somewhere far away from the love of his life but as long as he gets to live his normal life, it's all worth it.

"Jungwon!" Jay knocks desperately. He calls out his name repeatedly even though his front door was too thick for even his most desperate callings to penetrate through.

"C'mon!" He slams his hand against the door, the sudden burn taking him aback but he doesn't stop. "Please, please just open the door..." his voice falters and breaks at the end, still unaware of the strange look of the few people walking past as well as his neighbours.

And all of a sudden, the door swings open.

"May I help you?" A young girl, he presumes is Jungwon's sister, smiles at him and leans against the door. She seems to be forcing her smile as if it was something she was uncomfortable with.

"Is Jungwon in there?" His voice is diluted into a quiet whisper. He knows if his parents find out that they have hung out before they would both be in deep, deep trouble.

"He's actually leaving today," She states monotone, "And if you want to say your goodbye's you probably should have come yesterday because I don't think my parents really want him to see anyone," she gives him a half-assed smile and he begins to wonder whether she knows why her brother is leaving.

"I'm sorry," She lowers her head and retracks from her porch and back into the house until Jay yells out a quick 'wait'. "Please, be quick but I can't let you see Jungwon right now – I'm really sorry."

"Jay?" His voice is quiet but still, it rings volumes in his ears. A sigh of relief leave his lips when he manages to snatch a glance at Jungwon, his shaky smile is still enough to warm his heart.

"Yeah, it's me." He bites his lip and looks away when he remembers Jungwon's sister is here. He's not even sure whether she knows and how much she knows is also just as mysterious.

"Jungwon," His mother looms over his shoulder, her cold hand resting uncomfortably on it as her gaze falls on Jay, "You shouldn't be talking to a boy like that right now, he's going through recovery just like you are."