18. The art of I love you

▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Why did we come here?" Sunoo drawls, slinging his arm around Sunghoon with an exasperated sigh. Jungwon opens his mouth to speak but he's cut off when Sunoo continues, "Now I don't want to leave." He pulls away with a childish pout.

"Same," Jungwon mumbles quietly, "same – that's all I can say really," he chuckles as he drawls his words like Sunoo, running his fingers through his hair. They approach Jane's car who's still collecting her stuff, so they decide to wait by the car.

"But it was fun – wasn't it?" Jay joins his side, slinging his arm around his shoulder and drawing him closer to his side. Usually, something like this would be considered a friendly gesture, but hearing his words tickle his ear as he spoke felt far, far, from friendly, especially after yesterday.

"Course it was," Jungwon stutters out, the uncommon slang feeling foreign and icky on his tongue.

The four of them all turn to look behind them when they see Riki running towards them and Jane giving up on the young boy, shaking her head with a warm grin as he waves his camera.

"Don't drop it!" She yells, "It was expensive!"

When he finally stops, he adjusts the camera strap and shows his friend group his shiny new black and red camera.

"Jane bought you a new camera?" Jay asks when Riki lets them pass around his camera for a short moment so everyone can indulge in the glory of his rose-tinted lenses as he so poetically stated.

"My camera stopped working when I was printing out the pictures while Jane was packing up the rest of her stuff," Riki explains, his eyes on his camera as they pass it around, "I was so upset I couldn't help but cry, yes okay I cried-"

"Yeah, yeah okay – and then?" Sunoo mummers when the camera finally comes full circle back to Riki.

"and then she noticed how distressed I was and so she gave me a camera she had left in her suitcase, she said it was a souvenir from here but she knew I would use it more than her- and oh my gosh she's so fricken nice and-"

"We get it!" Sunoo places a hand on his shoulder and pats it gently with a warm tight-lipped smile.

With an exasperated sigh, "Do you always need to cut off my sentences?" Riki's voice grows loud, and it doesn't take long before they begin to bicker very, very loudly.

"Okay, okay calm down kids," Jane ruffles their hair which forces their attention on her when she opens the car with her keys. "And Sunoo, here," there are three pictures in her hands which she noncoherently passes over to Sunoo and two to Jungwon.

They both look puzzled when they look down at the pictures in their hands, while Jungwon reacts silently, Sunoo quickly shows Sunghoon as if it's the most beautiful thing he's seen.

"Wow, they're so..." Sunghoon is flabbergasted and Sunoo nods along in agreement despite the fact he's unable to end his sentence, "I didn't know you were that good at photography, Riki,"

"See," Riki puffs out his chest in confidence, "I told you it was a good idea that I took a lot of pictures," he looks over the rest of the pictures he took that he hadn't given out to his friends and puts them into his pocket.

Jungwon on the other hand was too infatuated with the way the picture in his hand came out – he had never owned a camera; he didn't go out on trips like this on the regular nor had a passion for photography like Riki so seeing a glossy photo like this was so new.