28. Beginning of the end

Jay ran his fingers through his hair, finally far enough from Kiyun and his group so that he could take that sigh of relief that had built up in his chest. He doesn't spare a glance back, smiling at Riki who's taken a seat in his car.

He waves back at him with large arms, the blonde-haired male suddenly getting a chill as he hopes the boy hadn't spotted him with Kiyun. He wanted to keep that only between him and Sunghoon, something just felt off – it would make it more real, more serious.

"What took you so long?" He mutters incoherently as he switches off whatever game he's playing on his phone. "My phone is burning." He exaggerated when Jay starts his car.

"I didn't know you were going to be here," Jay explains as they pull out of the parking lot. Riki hums and puts on his seatbelt. "if I did maybe I would have not taken so long or whatever." He chuckles.

Adjusting his rear-view mirror, he takes the opportunity to fix his hair. "You ready?" he suddenly asks when he notices Riki reaching for his phone and he successfully stops him in his tracks.

"Yeah, I guess." Riki purses his lips together and he's noticeably more fidgety and uncomfortable.

When catches on, he can't help but laugh at him. "You know I can tell somethings up, Riki." He shakes his head when Riki quickly defends himself but he cuts him short before he can start spewing his endless retorts, "chill man." He laughs as Riki turns red.

"So, are we going to your house?" Jay hums and Riki nods excitedly.

"It's always my house, Jay, when is it not?" He huffs and leans back in his chair, looking ideally outside the window as a smile grow wider on his face. He holds his hand over his mouth as a weak attempt to hide his giddy feelings.

"You sure there's not something you wanna share?" Jay glances over at Riki who jumps at the sudden question, "Now I defiantly know somethings up—"

"Can you not?" Riki groans as they approach the driveway, "but can I ask you something?" his voice drops to a whisper which catches Jay's attention.

"Go on," He mutters softly as Riki struggles to unlock the door, reaching over to ring the doorbell when he assumes someone must've left the keys inside the lock.

"When you like someone..." Riki's fingers beginning intertwining all over again and his voice drops even lower as with his gaze, "like when you really like someone... how do you know—"

"Riki!" His mother exclaims, "I swear I gave you a key – did you lose it?" He rolls his eyes and dangles the keys in front of her, but it only seems to make her more disappointed in the boy, "do you not know how to unlock a door?"

"The keys were still in the lock—never mind," Riki shakes his head and ushers both himself and Jay back inside.

"Oh, you brought Jay here as well," His mother holds her hand out for Jay to shake, the boy finding it odd, but he quickly complies, his charisma holds no bonds he states. He switches out his awkward and confused look to one with more charm and sweetness, so Riki's mother won't catch onto his weariness.

"The others, Jungwon, Sunghoon, Sunoo, and that American one—"

"He's Australian mum, Jay is American—" Riki retorts and rolls his eyes playfully once again as he helps his mother hang their coats and puts their shoes away.

"Yeah, yeah and the Australian boys' friend – they all seem to really like your fathers biscuits," His mother explains with a wide smile as she clasps her hands, "you should try some to Jay, I bet they don't make them in Australia like we do in—"