23. world

▬▬▬▬▬▬

A gentle tap on Jungwon's bedroom window stirs him out of his sleep. He's forced out of his slumber, slightly peaking out of his duvets, he props himself on his elbow to spare a lousy smile at Jay through the clear window.

"I thought as much," Jay rolls his eyes teasingly, about to slam the slightly ajar window close until Jungwon slips his warm hand out of the window and squeezes his wrist tight.

"Hey, hey," He mummers, his morning voice coaxing his words, his hand slowly slipping off his wrist, "I'll be ready in a minute, just give me a second." His smile wavers as he yawns and crawls back into his bed.

"I'll be waiting," Jay singsongs and turns his back.

"Just wait here." Jungwon hums as he fiddles with his hair and exchanges his pyjama shirt for a jacket, "I'm still gonna stay in pyjamas though, in case we overrun – don't want my parents finding out do we?"

Jay takes a quick peek when Jungwon's humming suddenly halts. "And done! Let's get going then?" He grins and takes Jay's hand as they hop out of his window.

"You know, it's crazy how often this happens yet I'm still known as that perfect kid – the one who always listens to their parents and would rather die than do anything outside any rule – formal or informal," Jungwon chuckles.

Jay shakes his head lowly with a withered grin. "You talk too much," He nudges Jungwon's side as they head for the backyard.

"Oh," He raises a single eyebrow, "now I'm the one who talks too much you—"

"Ay ,ay, ay – we don't want to say anything we might regret," He shakes his head again as they turn the corner and stop at the withered yet kept-together playset.

"What do you think I would say?" He squints his eyes and pinches one of Jay's cheeks as he struggles again the forced of his tweezing fingers.

"I thought you had 'broken bad' now – sneaking around behind you're parents' backs, jumping out of windows," Jay takes a seat on the steps and looks up at the glistening stars, "who knows what else you do now – maybe a little bit of swearing? I dunno."

As their chuckles die down, Jungwon slowly shuffles closer to Jay to head some warmth from him, finding his attire cute as their shoulders brush against each other.

"You're wearing your pyjamas too?" Jungwon gasps as if it's anatomical revelation and Jay just smiles, "They're very cute if you wanted to know," he jokes and pulls at one of the sleeves.

"It's nice today isn't it?" Jay tries to change the subject when he can feel his cheeks heat up. The humidity feels odd against his cotton pyjamas and insulating jacket, so he stares at Jungwon instead of the sky to find some continuity.

"You're so cute – you know that?" He reaches out to ruffle his hair, but he retaliates and scoots to the edge of the staircase.

"Can we please talk about something else?" He wines and holds his head in his hands. He gives himself a second to glance at Jungwon, but he was already staring back at him.

"My parents found out."

"What." Jay is startled beyond compression but sees a sliver of a smile on Jungwon's face. "You're- you're joking... right?"

"Nah—I'm just kidding," Jungwon smacks Jay's shoulder as his face begins to cool down, "mostly—"

Jay pulls back Jungwon's shoulder and doesn't let go, "Hey, hey, hey—what did you just say just then?"