26. You're a good guy

When they all finally regroup, they find Jake and Riki at a gazebo, not far from their school. Jungwon notices Sunoo saying his goodbyes and that he's too tired to do this today, so both he and Sunghoon go home together.

Once they're gone it only leaves, Jungwon, Jay, Jake, Riki and Heeseung together to figure out what kind of a mess Sunoo was planning for Heeseung's last days in Seoul.

"Well, maybe it's a good thing that it's not today because I could not find those damned Christmas lights!" Riki grumbles and plops down onto one of the steps along with the supposed bag of items he was able to find.

"He asked you for Christmas lights? I found Christmas lights." Jay chuckles and hands the plasticky branch over to the younger who still finds himself annoyed.

"Then why did the guy ask me?" Riki retorts and rolls his eyes. "Jeez, who needs this much stuff anyways."

"Why did Sunoo leave anyway?" Jake asks as he scoots Riki's bag and takes a seat beside him, "Was he not feeling well or was he not prepared?"

"Yeah, is he alright?" Jay hums as he leans against the structure and eyes the four boys before they settle gently on Jungwon who seems a little distressed, worried almost but still he shared a smile with him.

"Seems like something was up," Heeseung fiddles with the edge of his shirt and looks around, "he kinda seemed like he wanted to tell me something, maybe that's why he went with Hoon."

"Hopefully he's okay." Riki smiles weakly and Heeseung nods at him warmly, "Even if I bully him." Jake reaches over to ruffle his hair and the younger male slowly scoots closer to his side.

"Who do you not bully?" Jake playfully rolls his eyes and Riki tackles him, forcing the light-haired male off him.

Jay looks down at his watch and cringes, sighing as he brews his fingers through his hair. "Shoot—" He squeezes his hand. "have to go therapy and all that – tons of fun." He chuckles and gently nudges Jungwon's side as if he wanted to tell him something.

"I guess we'll have to let you go then," Jake shakes his head and Jay shrugs.

Riki opens his mouth to speak, but refrains. "What—never mind, it's a bit insensitive." Riki squeezes the loose fabric on his trousers and turns away.

And just as usual Jay doesn't let it go. "No, go ahead." He nods at the younger to continue, "I don't care what it is – I have a little time to kill."

Riki mutters to himself before asking, "What do they teach at 'therapy' anyways?" he asks and Jay chuckles though his laugh seems a little insincere as his anxiety creeps in. "see I knew I shouldn't have asked—"

"They talk about your past, traumas, people you grew up around if you're money was tight whether or not you were religious or if there wasn't many girls in your area, bullshit like that," Jay runs his fingers along the gazabo, "if not, they target any 'disabilities' 'neroudiverginets' anything and everything that you just quietly didn't get right that the bad people who made you gay – how they took advantage of you."

"Hey, you don't need to say anymore – " Riki reassures him and quickly goes to attend his side and Jay shrugs his concern off with a warm smile.

"Not all conversion therapy's are like that though, it's just most I guess since I'm taking it from you know," Jungwon smiles awkwardly at him and Jay blushes slightly nodding at him as if to say it's all worth it for you.

"I would never believe them though – I have someone to keep me in check for that," Jungwon rolls his eyes playfully and nudges him by the shoulder but Jay's too mesmerised by the young male beside him he doesn't care and ideally stares at him with a starstruck grin.